Is it time to give your vehicle or property a good spring cleaning? A power washer is the best tool for this type of job.
These elite machines make it very easy to blast away dirt and grime from your property and are ideal for tough cleaning jobs like washing engines and muddy wheels.
Today you can shop from a variety of power washer brands and types. Gas operated and electric power washers are both very popular on the market and their designs have been streamlined into devices that are very easy to use and super compact for easy storage.
Electric power washers are the most popular for domestic or household use. Gas operated power washers are much more expensive and usually deliver a higher pressure force than electric power washers.
If you are taking on simple garden, garage, and car cleaning projects then we recommend you look for the best electric power washer. These units are affordable, easy to use, very easy to store away and they offer many benefits.
Table of Contents
Benefits of an Electric Power Washer
An electric power washer is a must-have for any household. These machines have one main function; to pressurize water. But despite their single function, they are hugely flexible and offer many benefits such as the following:
Eases cleaning projects – This is probably the biggest reason people choose to invest in a power washer. Cleaning rough exterior surfaces is a lot of hard work. Pressure washers make these jobs a lot easier because they can get into all of those tiny areas and don’t require any scrubbing to effectively clean.
No chemicals required – You can choose to add a mild detergent to the detergent tanks but many property owners simply use clean water to effectively wash most surfaces. Choosing to use mild detergents can also help reduce the effects of chemicals on the environment.
Reduce water consumption – Much less water is required to wash vehicles and surfaces when you use a pressure washer because the forceful spray of water instantly loosens and cleans dirt and grime.
Removes insects – Pressure washers are perfect for flushing out insects, eggs, and webs from all of those hard to reach areas.
Removes allergens – When surfaces are pressure washed, all pollen, insect parts, insects and dust is washed away. This can greatly reduce dust in the house and can help keep allergens under control.
What Are Electric Power Washers Used For?
Electric power washers are handy for several tasks. Here is a quick look at the main things you can do with your electric power washer;
Wash your car – These machines are very popular for car washing because the water can get into all of those hard to reach areas, will blast away dirt and grime and makes for easy engine cleaning.
Outdoor surfaces – Power washers are ideal for washing your rough outdoor surfaces such as walkways, pavements, driveways, sports courts and much more.
Building exteriors – These tools are perfect for giving your home a good wash to remove dust or to prepare your house for a fresh coat of paint.
Wall washing – You can use your power washer to deep wash garden walls, building walls and other structures.
Garage cleaning – With the right detergent, this powerful machine will even blast through oil spills so you can give that garage a proper clean.
Roof cleaning – Power washers can also be used to effectively clean any type of roof quickly and without the need to rub and scrub.
The 3 Best Electric Power Washers
There are many different types of electric power washers on the market and many of them are highly competitive in both price and functionality. Here is a quick look at the top 3 power washers that stand out above all the rest available on the market.
This pressure washer is Amazon’s bestseller. Over 26,000 units a month, it’s a top customer choice for power washers and most absolutely love it.
The power washer is compact and has a smart modern design. Its powerful 1800W motor can produce a jet of water with a pressure of 2030 PSI / 1.73GPM. This pressure washer has two removable 96l detergent tanks that you can remove and fill with any detergent of your choice.
A long 20ft hose with high-pressure technology allows you to move about the car with ease and the long 35ft power cord is waterproof and makes for easy outdoor use.
The washer has an extension wand and comes with 5 different spray tips so you can tackle different types of cleaning projects. The only real hassle we see is that it can be hard to keep track of all of those tiny nozzles.
This washer is ideal for any average household or car owner. It is attractive, affordable and performs well.
- Weight – 31lbs
- Size – 15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9”
- Color – Green/black
- PSI – 2030
- GPM – 1.73
- Motor – 1800W
- Detergenttank – two 0.96l
- Hose – 20ft high pressure
- Powercord – 35ft
- Accessories – Two detergent tanks, 34” extension wand, 20ft hose, power cord, garden hose adaptor, needle clean-out tool and 5 spray tips
- The pressure washer is affordable
- It has a beautiful modern design
- Two removable detergent tanks makes for easy filling
- The 20ft hose is nice and long and increases water pressure
- A long 35ft power cord eases movability and is water resistant
- The 1800W motor generates up to 2030PSI / 1.73GPM water pressure
- The set comes with 5 different nozzle tips
- A nozzle cleanout needle is also included to de-clog the nozzle
- A safety lock switch keeps the power washer from going on
- Five different nozzles can be annoying to keep track of
- The power cord can be annoying to store away
- Nozzles can get clogged relatively easy
- Nozzle can rust if stored wet
This pressure washer is a lot like the Sun Joe SPX3000 but offers a little bit extra force. It also has a 1800W motor but delivers a water pressure force of 2150PSI or 1.85GPM which makes it more ideal for those tough cleanup projects like oil spills.
The pressure washer has only one detergent tank that you can use to add any detergent of your choice for deep washing. The long 26ft high-pressure hose is a real treat since it enhances your flexibility around a car a great deal during washes. The washer also comes with a long 35ft cable that can easily be reeled back in for easy storage when you are done washing.
This is a superb investment for those who hate rolling up a cord and for those who need a little bit of extra strength.
- Weight – 23lbs
- Size – 11.41 x 8.26 x 14.17”
- Color – Orange/black
- PSI – 2150
- GPM – 1.85
- Motor – 1800W
- Detergent tank – One
- Hose – 26ft high pressure
- Powercord – 35ft
- Accessories – Removable detergent tank, power cord, hose, one all-in-one nozzle and hose reel
- The extra-long 26ft high pressure hose is glorious for cleaning flexibility
- A long 35ft cable eases movement around the house
- The power cord has a reel so you can keep the cord nice and tidy and store it or carry it with ease
- The pressure washer has a beautiful modern design
- The pressure washer is affordable
- The 1800W motor delivers a powerful 2150 PSI / 1.85GPM water pressure force
- The washer is very easy to use and store away
- It includes an all-in-one nozzle that is much easier to keep track off
- The hose can be connected to a tap or can suck water from a bucket
- Machine is relatively quiet
- Power cord reel isn’t made of high quality materials
- Powerful water jet can cause property damage if not aimed correctly
This pressure washer looks a little bit different because of its steel frame for those tired of plastic everything. And of course Briggs and Stratton has been around for a long time in the small motor space.
This washer produces a 2000PSI / 1.71GPM water pressure level which isn’t quite as powerful as the other two washers on the list yet still are efficient for most cleanup projects.
The power washer is very easy to use and offers a large storage area where you can roll up the long 35ft power cord.
The long 25ft high-pressure hose also enhances your flexibility a great deal. This power washer comes with a 7-in-1 hose that is super easy to use.
Another positive benefit of this pressure washer is its quiet induction motor. The silent motor greatly makes up for the pressure strength that this power washer lacks.
The power washer is ideal for cleaning outdoor surfaces and vehicles. Its large wheels make it easy to move around as you work on cleaning a deck but can also be used for simple car cleaning projects. When you are finished using the washer, you can easily store it since its steel frame is foldable for easy compact storage.
- Weight – 43.25lbs
- Size – 13 x 37.5 x 17”
- Color – Red/black
- PSI – 2000
- GPM – 1.71
- Motor – Induction motor
- Detergent tank – One ½ gallon
- Hose – 25ft high pressure
- Powercord – 35ft
- Wheels – 7” solid wheels
- Accessories – Detergent tank, hose, 7-in-1 nozzle, welded steel frame, large 7” wheels
- The steel frame construction makes it easier to move about and use without the unit tipping over
- A large cord storage area is ideal for keeping your power washer and garage nice and tidy
- The long 25ft high pressure hose is ideal for moving about the property with ease
- A long 35ft power cord allows you to reach all over the garden
- One removable detergent take makes for easy sop adding
- The power washer has two large 7” wheels so you can easily move about the property
- The induction motor produces a jet of water with a 2000 PSI / 1.71GPM pressure force
- The unit is very easy to use
- It folds to a compact size for easy storage
- It comes with a handy 7-in-1 nozzle
- The motor and water pressure level isn’t quite as powerful as you would expect
- The washer is a bit heavy
- The price is a bit higher
We absolutely love all three of these pressure washers and feel that they are all good picks for garden and vehicle cleaning. If you cannot decide which one to buy then perhaps this quick guide can help;
The budget-friendly – The Sun Joe SPX3000 is the most affordable on our list with the Paxes Electric at a close second. Both of these are superb picks. The Sun Joe is a more popular product with Amazon customers but the Paxes power washer is a good pick for its cord reel that makes for easy storage.
The most powerful – The Paxes Electric Pressure Washer is the most powerful on our list. It has a 1800W motor and delivers a water pressure force of up to 2150 PSI / 1.85GPW. It certainly is strong enough to wash engines, garage floors, and many other tough surfaces.
The easiest to use – The Brigg & Stratton might be the easier power washer to use. It’s steel frame and larger wheels make it much easier to move around and it is less unlikely to tip over when you yank on the hose.
The longestcable – The Paxes Electric Pressure Washer has the longest hose and cable length with the Briggs & Stratton not far behind. These are both good picks if you love the freedom to move with ease.
We hope that this guide helped you choose a power washer that will serve you well for many years to come. And if you are looking for other great products to buy then we welcome you to hop over to some of our other product reviews where you can learn more about other top-selling or superior products.