With the changing seasons, it’s common for dirt and grime to build up outside your home and business over time.
Stubborn dirt can be difficult to clean without the proper tool, making your outdoor space looking unkempt and can leave you feeling frustrated.
If you’re struggling to maintain an outdoor space, a commercial pressure washer is a gamechanger.
With a variety of applications, the popularity of pressure washers to improve the exterior appearance of homes and businesses has grown exponentially.
Tackle the toughest of cleaning tasks with a commercial pressure washer!
Keep reading to find out the five best commercial pressure washers on the market.
Best Commercial Pressure Washers
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WPX3200 Gas Powered Pressure Washer 3200 PSI and 2.5 GPM, Soap Tank and Five Nozzle Set, CARB Compliant
The Westinghouse Outdoor Pressure Washer is built for durability, protected by robust steel framing and abrasion-resistant materials for dependable cleaning.
The 212cc OHV Westinghouse engine provides an intense blast to scour away grime with the EndraGrasp spray gun.
This pressure washer features a soap tank! The dedicated soap line doubles your cleaning power by allowing the ability to add your own detergent or chemical in accordance with the surface you are cleaning.
- 3200 PSI and 2. 5 GPM – Providing you with powerful, deep-cleaning water pressure for all your cleaning tasks.
- Heavy-duty 12″ wheels – Transportation is easy with this portable pressure washer, designed for your convenience.
- Color-coded quick-release heads – Identification has never been easier to switch up the array of accessories to ensure that you get the most out of your versatile purchase.
- One customer claimed that this pressure washer was heavier than they were expecting.
- 3200 PSI and 2. 5 GPM of Powerful, Deep-Cleaning Water Pressure Perfect for Decks, Sidewalks, Siding, Fences, Railings, Garage Floors, Exterior Walls, Cars and Patio Furniture – Easy to Fill 0.9 Gallon Gas Tank
- Half Gallon Onboard Soap Tank With 25 Foot Abrasion Resistant Super-Flex Hose With Lightweight Spray Gun and 5 Quick Connect Nozzles (0degree, 15degree, 25degree, 40degree & Soap). Choke Type: Manual
- Heavy Duty Gas Powered 212cc 4-Stroke Westinghouse OHV Horizontal Shaft Engine with Recoil Start - Long Lasting, Maintenance-Free Axial Cam Pump Provides 2. 5 Gallons of Water (and Soap! ) a Minute
- Tough Steel Frame Construction With 12 inch High Profile, Never-Flat Wheels Provide Easy Transportation and Maneuverability – Includes Engine Oil, Tools, and Quick Start Guide to Get Started in Minutes
- All Westinghouse Pressure Washers are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network
Champion Power Equipment 4200-PSI 4.0-GPM Commercial Duty Low Profile Gas Pressure Washer
The Champion Power Equipment 4200-PSI 4.0-GPM Commerical Duty Low Profile Gas Pressure Washer is designed for versatility and convenience!
High quality! The AR Commercial-Grade Triplex Brass Head pump provides the power you need along with a forged brass manifold, providing corrosion resistance.
This pressure washer is built to be versatile! It includes a quick-connect gun, wand, and five nozzles, a 50-foot commercial-grade steel braid reinforced, rubber high-pressure hose plus a detergent hose for the 1-gallon detergent tank.
- Ergonomic comfort grim trigger gun – Designed to reduce fatigue meaning that you can clean with ease for a longer period of time.
- Large capacity fuel tank – The 1.6-gallon fuel tank is designed with a low oil shut-off sensor. This unit has a 1.2 qt. oil capacity, meaning you can clean for longer without having to refill.
- 4200 PSI – This easy-to-use pressure washer is powered by a Champion 389cc engine, this unit provides professional cleaning power in a practical and easy design for your convenience.
- One customer noted that they had trouble with the hose of this particular pressure washer.
- POWERFUL: 4200 PSI with 4.0 GPM powered by a Champion 389cc engine
- VERSATILE: Quick-connect gun, wand and five nozzles, a 50-foot commercial-grade steel braid reinforced, rubber high-pressure hose with Quick Connects plus a detergent hose for the detergent tank
- HASSLE-FREE: Ergonomic comfort grip trigger gun reduces fatigue, plus onboard storage for the high-pressure hose, included hose storage strap, trigger gun and spray wand
- QUALITY: AR Commercial-Grade Triplex Brass Head pump provides the power you need along with a forged brass manifold, providing corrosion resistance
- CHAMPION SUPPORT: Includes 2-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
KranzleUSA K1122TST Cold Water Electric Commercial Pressure Washer with Auto On-Off, GFI and 50′ Wire Braided Hose on Hose Reel, 1400 PSI, 2.0 GPM, 110V, 15A
The KranzleUSA K1122TST Cold Water Electric Commercial Pressure Washer is designed to make your cleaning routine hassle-free.
This commercial pressure washer comes with an array of accessories to aid your cleaning task, including a professional gun-jet lance, 25-foot wire braided hose, exit side chemical injection, gauge, safety coupler screw connections, vario-jet wash/soap nozzle, and a Dirt Killer turbo nozzle.
This pressure washer is built for your convenience! The EFC 1600 RPM electric 110V, 15A motor with GFI can be plugged in anywhere.
- Freezeproof – The German designed pump self-primes and is freezeproof, allowing you to clean despite extreme seasons and means that you don’t have to worry about those cold winters.
- 2.0 GPM – Boasts excellent water pressure, helping you make light work of the toughest of stains.
- Dirt Killer turbo nozzle – Doubles cleaning efficiency, meaning you don’t have to waste unnecessary time cleaning!
- A few customers claimed that this particular commercial pressure washer could have been packaged better for delivery.
- Advanced Kränzle pump design gives multi-hour bypass and run-dry capability preventing accidental pump damage
- Dirt Killer turbo nozzle doubles cleaning efficiency
- Auto on/off control at gun jet reduces wear and tear on pump
- 50-feet wire braided hose on hose reel with safety couplers
- TEFC 1600 RPM electric 110V, 15A motor with GFI can be plugged in anywhere
WestForce Electric Pressure Washer, 3000 PSI 1.85 GPM Power Washer, 1800 W High Power Cleaner with 5 Nozzles, Hose Reel, Detergent Tank
The WestForce Electric Pressure Washer is built with safety in mind whilst providing you with a thorough, clean result every time.
This pressure washer is built with a powerful 1800 W motor that delivers a water pressure of up to 3000 PSI at a flow rate of up to 1.85 GPM for maximum cleaning performance!
The built-in temperature sensor allows the machine to automatically power off when the operating temperature exceeds 266 °F, ensuring ultimate safety and durability.
- Waterproof – This pressure washer is IPX5 waterproof and features a UL-listed GFCI plug to prevent electric leakage, allowing you to safely operate this machine without any safety concerns.
- 20-foot high-pressure hose and 35-foot power cord – Allow for flexible use and versatility in large areas.
- ETL certified with multiple safety protections – Total Stop System (TSS), GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter) protection, and IPX5 waterproof protection, so you can relax in knowing that you’re safe whilst cleaning.
- One customer claimed that this particular pressure washer took longer to arrive than they were anticipating.
- 【3000 PSI POWERFUL PRESSURE WASHER】Built with a powerful 1800 W motor that delivers a water pressure of up to 3000 PSI at a flow rate of up to 1.85 GPM for maximum cleaning performance; great for renewing vehicles, driveways, garage floors, concrete or tile patios, outdoor stairs and walkways, garden furniture, and more
- 【SAFE USE & RELIABLE PERFORMANCE】This pressure washer is IPX5 waterproof and features a UL listed GFCI plug to prevent electric leakage, allowing you to safely operate this machine without any safety concerns
- 【TOTAL STOP SYSTEM (TSS)】The pump will aromatically shut off when the trigger is not engaged, saving energy and prolonging the pump’s life; the built-in temperature sensor allows the machine to automatically power off when the operating temperature exceeds 266 °F, ensuring ultimate safety and durability
- 【YOUR ALL-PURPOSE CLEANING ASSISTANT】5 quick-connect spray nozzles are included so you can get the desired spray angle; a 0° nozzle for spot cleaning or hard-to-reach areas, a 15° nozzle for tough jobs, a 25° nozzle for all-purpose cleaning, a 40° nozzle for cleaning windows and screens, and a soap nozzle for foam spraying
- 【UPGRADED DESIGN】A 20-foot high-pressure hose and a 35-foot power cord allow for flexible use in large areas; built with an ergonomic handle and 2 sturdy wheels for easy and comfortable transportation; the reel holds the high-pressure hose neatly without tangling, built-in nozzle holders on the spray lance store the nozzles, and the spray gun holder on the pressure washer holds the spray gun
SIMPSON Cleaning PS4240 4200 PSI at 4.0 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Powered by HONDA GX270
The SIMPSON Cleaning PS4240 Pressure Washer is engineered to meet the demands of a cleaning professional.
The PS4240 features a commercial HONDA GX390 engine, reliable AAA industrial triplex pump, 50-ft kink & abrasion-resistant hose.
This pressure comes with a variety of quick-connect nozzles! Five different nozzles provide an array of spray patterns, so you can get the most out of your purchase.
- Solid steel frame – Designed to meet the rigorous demands of the cleaning professional, the SIMPSON PowerShot Series frame is crafted of solid steel making it powerful and durable.
- 13” pneumatic tires – Boast four-ply construction, treading suited for various terrains, and increased stability and shock absorption for optimal vibration stabilization, meaning that this unit is easy to transport, set-up and load.
- Warranty and support – 3-year limited HONDA commercial engine, 5-year limited pump, 10-year limited frame, and 90-day accessory, so you can rest assured knowing that you’re covered should something go wrong with your purchase.
- One customer claimed that they had difficulty with the pump of this commercial pressure washer.
- Professional Performance: Easy-to-assemble and easy-to-start with its Honda GX390 premium engine, the PowerShot power washer is great for contractors who specialize in deck cleaning, wood restoration, paint preparation, and all other professional services.PowerBoost: Yes
- Power and Durability: A powerful, reliable, maintenance-free AAA industrial triplex plunger pump delivers 4200 PSI at 4.0 GPM and includes thermal relief to prevent overheating
- Sturdy and Portable: The welded steel frame construction with powder coated finish offers durability and corrosion resistance; 13-inch premium pneumatic tires deliver ease of maneuverability across various terrain and uneven ground
- Includes Quality Simpson Accessories: Monster 3/8-inch x 50-foot high-pressure hose is kink and abrasion resistant hose with quick connect fittings and polyurethane outer jacket; 5 Quick connect nozzle tips: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and Soap; Ergonomic spray gun 31-inch steel wand/lance
- Important Notes: 49-state compliant; Does not ship to California; Keep max fuel level 1/2 Inch below bottom of filler neck to avoid spillage; All pressure washers are 100% functionally tested in factory and may contain minimum residual fuel/oil or fuel odor
There are a few factors to take into consideration when purchasing a commercial pressure washer, but it mainly comes down to whether you choose a hot or cold water pressure washer, the type of power, and the type of pump.
A commercial pressure washer is an investment that you will want to withstand the test of time, especially if you’re using it on a regular or daily basis to clean.
Don’t be persuaded into buying a lower quality pressure washer, as what you might initially save, you’ll end up paying for later down the line. Save yourself the trouble and make sure that you do your own research in order to find a good quality pressure.
Take a look at the factors below before buying a commercial pressure washer.
Type of pressure washer – Hot Vs. cold water pressure washers
When choosing the right commercial pressure washer for you, you’ll need to weigh up whether you should buy a hot or cold water pressure washer.
Cold-water pressure washers are arguably the most common type of pressure washer and work well to penetrate dirt in order to wash it away.
The use of pressure can be very effective in cleaning dirt and grime, although it may be less effective for certain types of cleaning tasks, such as getting rid of oil or grease.
Hot water pressure washers are generally better at getting rid of oily or greasy deposits, as the heat of the hot water helps to soften and emulsify tougher stains so they can be loosened and washed away with less effort and work involved.
Whether you choose a hot or cold water pressure washer, you will need to take into consideration the types of jobs that you think you’ll be carrying out with the pressure washer. You will also need to weigh up your priorities and personal preferences before going ahead with your purchase.
Type of power
When making your purchase, you will need to decide whether you’d prefer a gas or electric powdered commercial pressure washer. The type of power that you opt for will largely be up to your personal preference, but will also depend on where you intend to be cleaning.
Electric – If you are confident that you will always be pressure washing near an electric outlet (like at a warehouse or factory) then your best bet is to get an electric pressure washer. Generally speaking, it requires less maintenance as you won’t have to worry about refueling, it is quieter and you can safely use it indoors, too! However, you might find the cost of the cleaning power to be higher.
Gas – Gas, on the other hand, will offer you portability as well as more power for less cost. If you know you’re going to be moving around a lot, then a gas pressure washer will be more practical and convenient. This is especially true if you run a mobile cleaning business because you won’t have to search inside the customer’s house/establishment for electrical outlets.
Whichever type of power you opt for, make sure that it compliments your lifestyle and what you intend to use the commercial pressure washer for. They’re designed to make cleaning easier, not harder, so make sure that the type of power isn’t going to hinder you in any way.
Type of pump
Something you’ll need to consider when choosing a commercial power washer is the type of pump that it has.
Belt-drive pumps are one of your options. Belt-driven pressure washers require a gear reduction pulley system, whereby pumps turn more slowly. This means that less heat and vibrations will be emitted, which greatly decreases the chance of wear and tear, and is why you are more likely to find a belt-drive pump in a heavy-duty power washer as it is less likely to break.
Belt-driven pumps are the most suited for people that are professionally pressure washing on a regular basis, as you’ll require it to withstand the test of time more than someone that only occasionally uses it.
On the other hand, you could choose a direct drive pump. Unlike a belt-driven pressure washer, a direct-drive pressure washer is directly connected to the engine itself, which means the washer runs at about the same speed as the engine itself. These pumps are usually made for household jobs, as the machine itself is easy to transport.
The direct connection does, however, mean that your pressure washer is more likely to degrade more quickly. Generally speaking, if pressure washing is part of your job but not something you do consistently, a direct drive pump will be sufficient enough for you.
Keeping these differences in mind, you’ll be able to choose the type of pressure washer that’s best for you. Consider the type of jobs that you’ll want to be tackling with your pressure washer and go from there.
A pressure washer’s power is measured in pounds per square inch (PSI). Therefore, an important factor that you’ll need to take into account is the PSI of your commercial pressure washer to ensure that it is powerful enough to undertake the job that you’re required to do.
Generally speaking, you should try to choose a commercial power washer with a PSI of at least 3000.
The PSI that you require on a daily basis will also depend on the types of jobs that you intend to be doing, but you should generally always follow the 3000 PSI rule to ensure that it is capable of tackling those bigger jobs.
It is important to remember that the more powerful a pressure washer is, the more versatile the jobs you can undertake are! If you want to use a pressure washer that is suitable for a variety of cleaning tasks, then you need one that is versatile and can deliver a force of up to 3000 pounds per square inch.
As a result, you should always make sure that you’re happy with the PSI before heading to the checkout.
As an investment that you’ll want to last for years to come, you need to think about the durability of the commercial pressure washer that you choose.
Typically speaking, commercial pressure washers are able to withstand a lot more than a residential pressure washer, however, you still need to be cautious.
A good method of establishing whether a product is durable or not is to check the product reviews section. Here, customers will outline any issues that they’ve had with the product that you’re looking at and will reveal any problems that you could also face if you buy the pressure washer.
As a result, you should always do your own research and check the product reviews section to ensure that you’re happy to proceed with your purchase. After all, no one wants to waste their money on a dud product!
An important factor to consider before purchasing a commercial power washer is the duration of the warranty that it comes with.
The warranty will cover you should anything go wrong with your purchase sooner than you had expected or if it arrives faulty.
As an investment that you’ll be using on a regular basis, you want to ensure that you don’t have to worry about something going wrong and that you’re purchasing a product that you can put your trust in.
If you’re unsure about the warranty of a certain commercial pressure washer, your safest bet is to check the manufacturer’s website for more information. It is worth noting that warranty terms can differ between manufacturers and sellers, though, so you should always be sure to check both.
To avoid disappointment, always make sure that you’re happy with the product’s warranty information before proceeding with your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
What PSI is a commercial pressure washer?
You can easily identify whether a pressure washer is going to be cut out for a big, commercial job by looking at the PSI. Generally speaking, you’ll be looking at around 3000 PSI for a commercial pressure washer.
Whilst heavy-duty pressure washers have a PSI of 2800 or more, commercial pressure washers are longer-lasting and pack more power with 3000 psi or more. As a result, you should look for a pressure washer that fits within this range.
Is there a difference between a power washer and a pressure washer?
Technically speaking, yes. but there is some debate on the terms. They are most commonly used interchangeably
When differentiated, a power washer is a pressure washer that uses hot water.
A power washer uses a high-pressure stream of very hot water to blast away dirt and built-up grime from outdoor surfaces. The combination of high pressure and the temperature of the water makes it a powerful tool for removing dirt grime and all those truly stuck on materials from surfaces.