There’s nothing better than summer finally arriving and being able to immerse yourself in outdoor activities and relax in the sunshine once again. However, if there’s one downside about the dark days of winter fading away it’s the realization of how much dirt is left behind for you to clean.
Dirt on your cars, dirt, and grime build up on your deck and driveway, dirt ALL over your outside cooking appliances – it manages to get everywhere! You find yourself in disbelief not knowing where to start and questioning whether you’ll ever manage to get everything fully clean again.
A traditional garden hose barely makes a dent in the grime and those big commercial grade pressure washers are crazy expensive and impossible to lug around your garden without nearly breaking your back, and that’s if you even manage to find one with a power cord longer than your arm.
So now you’re left feeling frustrated that your garden, bikes, cars, and outdoor grill is filthy and you’re just completely put off from using them.
These frustrations will now be a thing of the past for you, as we’ve found the best portable pressure washers currently on the market. These pressure washers will have you zipping around your backyard in no time, all those places you couldn’t quite reach before will now be spotless, and all whilst being able to easily transport it around with you.
Once you find your perfect portable pressure washer, you’ll be able to fully enjoy the outdoors around your home without the heavy eyesore of dirt and grime being everywhere.
Best Portable Pressure Washers
Sun Joe Pressure Washer SPX3000 2030
The Sun Joe SPX3000 electric pressure washer generates up to 2030 PSI of water pressure and 1.76 GPM of water flow for maximum cleaning power, so is perfect for all cleaning projects from decking, car-washing, and even tough grime on concrete.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 comes on two wheels so you can wheel it around to your required location without having to carry it constantly in your hands. It also has a free-standing design so you won’t have to lean it up against a wall whilst you’re pressure washing.
The pressure washer gun is stored in the designated nook built into the pressure washer when not being used, so it can be stored more easily without taking up too much room.
The pressure washer is implemented with a 30-foot power cord and also a 20-foot hose cord so you won’t be restricted in where or how far you can go with the pressure washer. The hose cord can be upgraded to a longer one if necessary, and it is also safe to plug the power cord into a heavy-duty extension plug to extend the distance of where you’re cleaning.
The hose is made from a tangle-free material so you won’t have to lose your temper trying to unravel it before you even begin the hideous task of cleaning. It also means if you’re moving around cleaning a location, it won’t get knotted or tie up around where you’re stepping.
It features dual detergent tanks, so you can carry and store two different types of cleaning detergents to simultaneously tackle different cleaning projects. The dual tanks will also prevent you from having to refill with cleaning detergent halfway through large washing projects.
You can also regulate which or how much cleaning detergent to use by the dial when you need to clean.
This pressure washer is completely safe to use thanks to the safety lock switch which automatically shuts off the pump when the trigger is not engaged, this not only saves you from accidentally spraying yourself but also prolongs the life of the pump.
Compatible with a variation of Sun Joe accessories including a 25-foot extension hose to add onto the already 30-foot cord you have, patio cleaning attachment, turbo head spray nozzle
There have been some customer comments about how the machine has started leaking sometimes, but these were resolved immediately by customer service and put down to faulty machines.
- 35-foot power cord and 20-foot hose cord – This allows you to reach further away without always needing an extension cord.
- Dual detergent tanks – Saves you having to refill with detergent halfway through a project.
- Safety lock switch – Automatically shuts off pump when not in use to prevent accidents and prolong life of the pump
- 2030 PSI – Will work for a variation of cleaning, including the tough grime on concrete
- Leaking – Some customers have noted that there have been occasions where the pressure washer has leaked, but this is primarily down to defective products and they were replaced quickly.
- POWERFUL: 14.5-Amp/1800-watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI (at initial discharge per CSA internal pressure testing) and 1.76 GPM (with nozzle open at minimum pressure) of water flow
- VERSATILE: Tackle a variety of cleaning tasks: homes, buildings, RV’s, cars, trucks, boats, decks, driveways, patios, lawn equipment, and more. With two 0.9 L onboard detergent tanks, removable tanks carry and store different types of detergent to simultaneously tackle different cleaning projects.
- TSS (Total Stop System): Automatically shuts off pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.
- Max PSI at initial discharge per CSA internal pressure testing. Max GPM with nozzle open at minimum pressure.
Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer
Greenworks pressure washer comes with a 13 Amp Universal Motor for great reliability and high performance even during long periods of use.
The Greenworks model is particularly budget-friendly when you consider the power it offers, which is always news to our ears.
Speaking of ears, they won’t be suffering when using this pressure washer as it operates fairly quietly and won’t annoy everyone within a half a mile radius of you.
You’ll have plenty of freedom when doing your cleaning as the pressure washer benefits from a 35-foot electric cable with normal GFCI for portable use, you can also plug it into an electric adapter to increase your pressure washing distance even more.
As well as the long power cord, there is a 20-foot high-pressure water hose included to help you keep cleaning even when you move further away from your water source. The hose is prone to coiling which can be extremely inconvenient when trying to move around when cleaning. This can easily be solved by using some strong tape to stop it from coiling.
The pressure washer is available in 1500 and 2000 PSI depending on what sort of cleaning you’ll want to use it for, however, the 1500 PSI is pretty powerful and can even endure some heavy-duty cleaning like patio or concrete cleaning.
It comes with a 1-year warranty to have you covered for any problems caused by manufacturing issues. However, misuse of the product or not adhering to guidelines will result in your warranty being void.
The design of the washer features a carry handle so you can easily transport it around with you as you’re cleaning. It is also a free-standing system so you can park it up right next to you when you’re washing with the wand.
The pressure washer comes with an additional soap applicator to spray soap onto your surfaces for a higher-level of cleaning, this is great for car washing but is not high pressure enough to affect patio cleaning. You do have the option to purchase an additional high-pressure soap dispenser at a cost.
- Free-standing design – Can be pitched up anywhere without having to lean it against a wall.
- Long power cord – Large distance to roam around with your pressure washer without being restricted
- Comfortable handle – This allows you to carry the pressure washer around without any difficulty.
- Soap applicator included – To help add cleaning detergents to your surfaces whilst you clean, especially good for car washing.
- Quiet operation – It’s not silent but is completely bearable even when using for a long time.
- Hose easily coils up – May have to add some non-coiling tape to stop the hose coiling up around the electrical cable otherwise you may trip over it.
No products found.
WORX WG644 40V Power Share Hydroshot Portable Power Cleaner
This little dynamo is pretty powerful and will be able to leave pave stones squeaky clean if needed. Don’t underestimate the 450 PSI as it’ll only leave you surprised.
A handheld device like this needs to be lightweight to be usable and this Worx model doesn’t fail to meet these requirements. Weighing in at 11lbs, it’s light enough to carry around without developing a dull ache in your arm from extended usage.
Implemented with 2-speed settings, this portable pressure washer will conserve water and battery power when you’re doing lighter cleaning tasks so it won’t always run the battery down.
This WORX model offers a wider cleaning radius, reaching up to 40 degrees in your spray zone for increased efficiency.
You’ll have the help of the onboard battery charge indicator to let you know when you’re running low on power so you can put it back on charge as soon as possible. The batteries charge pretty fast and can last for up to 1 hour whilst on high-pressure mode.
The battery is prone to decreasing quicker when the user is consistently spraying the pressure washer without stopping. Those who function it by turning it off and on find the battery lasts longer.
As the pressure washer is not powered by a cord, you have more freedom of where you can take it and you’ll only have to be concerned about where your water source is coming from.
You have the option of connecting this pressure washer to an outside tap or you can drop the hose into a pool or bucket, allowing you to use or take your hydroshoot cleaner anywhere.
- 2-speed settings – Will preserve water and battery when doing lighter cleaning tasks
- Onboard battery charge indicator – Lets you know when you’re running low so you can recharge
- Upgraded cleaning power – Features a 450 PSI for better pressure than previous Hydroshoot models
- 4-in-1 nozzle – Spray allows you to range around 40 degrees for a wider cleaning radius
- Lightweight – User can endure prolonged periods of cleaning without sore arms
- Battery life can die early – Battery is known to die quicker when consistency spraying is performed.
- [7X MORE PRESSURE] Than a garden hose and nozzle. For tougher cleaning jobs, 450 PSI is more cleaning power than the standard Hydroshot models
- [2-SPEED SETTINGS] But you can also switch it down to “Low” at 290 PSI to conserve both water and battery when the cleaning task is a little lighter
- [SAME BATTERY, EXPANDABLE POWER] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [4-IN-1 MULTI-SPRAY NOZZLE] Four settings, from 0° for the most direct spray, to 15°, 25°, and 40° for a wider cleaning radius
- [ON-BOARD BATTERY CHARGE INDICATOR] The “fuel gauge” tells you how much juice you have left so you’ll know when to recharge or switch out batteries
Snow Joe Pressure Washer SPX200E 1350
Packed with 10 amps of pressure washing power, this Snow Joe Washer delivers a whopping – 1350 pounds of pressure per square inch to blast away stubborn dirt.
The system is very versatile and can be used for light to medium cleaning jobs including decking, windows, and even concrete patios. This pressure washer can do just about anything.
It also has a built-in TSS (total stop system) which automatically shuts off the pump when the trigger isn’t pressed, this is for the safety of the user and to prolong the pump life.
The spray wand is also adjustable and can be changed from intense jet mode to also a light sprinkling, so if you want to give your garden a good watering whilst you’re at it, you have the option to.
The pressure washer comes with a 20-foot pressure high-pressure hose and also a 35-foot power cable, so you can get quite some distance away to get even the dirtiest of areas around your house.
The washer is compact and easy to store in your garage or an outbuilding without taking up tons of room.
If you don’t have the patience of a saint, then you’ll find it struggles to level with this pressure washer. It’s pretty difficult to assemble and does require some tweaking to get it to work properly.
- Versatile use – Can be used for light to medium-duty cleaning jobs like car washing to cleaning patios
- Powerful Motor – Motor can function at high power without decreasing in quality or consistency
- Long power cord – 35-foot power cord so you can now reach places in your yard that you couldn’t before
- Lightweight and handle design – Can easily be transported around as you clean in different areas
- Very difficult to assemble – Customers unable to use it as they can’t figure out how to put it together
- Ideal for light to medium duty cleaning jobs, adjustable spray wand with twist nozzle easily controls water pressure
- Powerful 10-Amp motor generates 1350 psi of maximum water pressure and a maximum flow Rate of 1. 45 GPM
- Tss (total stop system) – automatically shuts off pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life
- Includes extension wand, 20 ft. High pressure hose, garden hose adapter, and 35 ft. Power cord with GFCI protection
- CSA approved; Full 2-year
Varsk VAR-710 Cordless Pressure Washer
The handheld pressure washer comes with a 20 ft hose for extended distances whilst being used and also benefits from a filter basket that can effectively and deeply filter impurities and waste to better protect the inside of the pressure washer when not being used.
Even though the hose is a pretty decent size for a handheld device, it may not be long enough for those looking to venture further away from the tap as their main water source. You can connect this hose to an extension hose, but some customers have noted signs of leaking when doing so.
The lightweight and handheld design is what sells this Varsk pressure washer to us, it’s so convenient to be able to carry the gun round in your hand without it getting tired from prolonged use. It also means you don’t have to store a large system in your garage when not in use.
Despite a slightly lower PSI than our other recommendations, just VAR-710 is pretty powerful and can make a dent in tough grime on concrete.
The portable pressure washer is versatile and can be used for car washing and even cleaning the floors out in your backyard. The 6-in-1 multi-function nozzle also benefits this feature, as you can achieve a high-pressure wash or even some light showering for your plants as well.
One helpful feature is the battery display, which shows how much battery you have lifted whilst you’re using your pressure washer. This saves you from being cut short during your pressure washing and lets you know when you should think about putting it back on charge.
The battery also lasts for over 1.5 hours so will give you enough time to wash everything efficiently. The battery takes around 2 hours to charge, which is pretty good given the power on this thing. You’ll just need to remember to charge it up after every time you’ve used it.
There is the availability of an additional battery which you can swap out with your current battery when it needs recharging, this alternation will make it more convenient, especially if you have a large area to pressure wash.
- Powerful Pressure – Helps to easily remove dirt and grime without spending hours going over it
- 6 Nozzle Patterns – Versatile use for various cleaning including pressure washing and light showering
- Lightweight design – Lightweight handheld design to easily carry your pressure washer for long periods of cleaning
- Displays remaining battery when using – You’ll be able to see how much battery you have left whilst using it
- Compatible with additional battery – Improves convenience as battery can be swiftly replaced with fully charged one
- 20-foot hose may not be long enough for some customers – Restricting cleaning in areas of your home
- 【6-in-1 Multi-Function Nozzle】:The VARSK pressure washer has 6 different nozzle patterns: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, diagonal and shower, feel free to turn the nozzle to suit your needs to adjust a mode, which will save a lot of water. In addition, we also provide a nozzle with detergent container(approx.400ml), which can be used for daily cleaning. Fast foaming, fine and uniform foam, easy to wash the car.
- 【Product Parameter】:Max 380 PSI working pressure with max 0.5 MPA water intake pressure and the flow rate is 135L/h. It can produce a pumping drop of more than 4 meters and in normal use, the water can be discharged within 8 seconds, when you want to use it in a 4 meter high scene, also only need 12 seconds.Quickly clean outdoor home surfaces, garden furniture, cars, stairs and pool dirt.
- 【Humanized Design】:The 20 ft hose with filter basket can effectively and deeply filter impurities, particles, waste leaves, sludge, etc., better protect our pressure machine. Compared with traditional washing machines, our products are lighter and more portable. It is the best choice for outdoor camping and long trips. And no need to worry about children using the product by mistake, because our professional team designed the security button, which can prevent accidental touch.
- 【Multiple Functions and application】Cleaning and maintenance of various motor vehicles, engineering vehicles, engineering machinery and agricultural machinery supporting products. It is the most ideal cleaning tool for individuals and small vehicle maintenance units to clean cars and motorcycles. It is effective especially for cleaning the exterior walls of buildings, floors, baths, swimming pools, doors and windows, and corners that are difficult to clean manually.
- 【Abundant Accessories】What’s Included: Pressure washer machine X1, 20V 4.0Ah battery X1, 2.0Ah charger X1, 6-in-1 spray lance X1, nozzle with detergent container X1, 20ft Suction hose with filter basket X1, Mesh storage bag X1, 13L Collapsible bucket X1, Quick disconnect X1.If your VARSK product has any problems, please leave us a message via order, our professional customer service team promise to provide an satisfied solution and fix whatever problems you got.
Here’s an informative buyer’s guide to help you know what factors to bear in mind when you’re considering purchasing a portable pressure washer.
Most portable pressure washers tend to be electric ones, especially mode modern ones. However, there are still gas portable pressure washers around but they are often commercial grade quality which reflects in the price of them.
Electric pressure washers are more convenient and often more cost-effective to use regularly. They are powered by electricity they are often a lot easier to use and often weigh less than their gas counterparts.
Electric pressure washers can be powered via an electric cable or a rechargeable electric battery. If you’re going to buy a battery-operated one, find one with a charge that lasts a long time.
You’ll want to take note of the length of the power cord if you’re buying a pressure washer that is operated by being plugged in. Most portable pressure washers will have a cord above 15 feet so you can access areas in your backyard easily. The ones with very long cords are the best for cleaning areas in your backyard or driveway that are far away.
These long cords are not always necessary, however, as you can just use your own extension plugs so you can reach whatever area you need, this will be less convenient for you though.
Gas pressure washers are a lot louder than electrical ones and can sometimes exceed the safe exposure limits, so if you’ve got a big area to be washing you could end up damaging your ears. However, gas pressure washers offer higher pressure than electric ones.
They are also more inconvenient as they need fuel to be powered and once that fuel runs out, you’ll have to wait for the pressure washer to cool down completely before you can fill it back up to continue using. It also means you need to buy gas which is a regular expense, whereas electrical pressure washers will barely be noticeable in your household bills.
PSI stands for pounds per square inch and is a signifier of how high the water pressure is from a washer. The higher the PSI number, the greater the cleaning capabilities your pressure washer has. However, take care when choosing a PSI with a high number as it may be too powerful for the things you need it before.
Below are some average figures of how high a PSI you’ll need for certain cleaning projects.
- Cleaning a vehicle: 1200 – 2200 PSI
- Cleaning concrete or brick: 2000 – 3000 PSI
- Washing outdoor furniture: 2000 PSI
- Washing outdoor cooking appliances: 2000 PSI
- Cleaning outdoor decking: 500-1200 PSI
GPM stands for gallons per minute and refers to the flow rate of water through your pressure washer. A heavy-duty pressure washer will have a GPM between 2 and 4. A moderate pressure washer will have a GPM between 2-2.5.
Portable pressure washers tend to be more lightweight than commercial-grade ones, which allows the users to carry or transport them around their home or even put them in the car to take somewhere.
If you’re not very strong, then try to find a more lightweight pressure washer that you think you’ll be able to hold in your hands for long periods.
Handheld pressure washers tend to be designed to be the most lightweight and built for long periods of use. Pressure washers that are on wheels are designed to be wheeled to the location and then freestanding whilst you use the extension hose to clean.
If there’s anything you didn’t know about pressure washers before that you should know now, is that they’re very noisy when powered up due to the heavy-duty motor.
Handheld pressure washers are often the quietest as they’re powered by a less powerful rechargeable battery. Gas pressure washers are the loudest and can often be unsafe for your ears when used for too long.
Some brands will provide a noise level in dB for how loud their pressure washers are but don’t be surprised if many don’t.
It shouldn’t be the most important factor in choosing a pressure washer as you will never come across a dead silently operating pressure washer. If you’re sensitive to sound then you could always wear protective ear muffs.
For any heavy-duty appliance like a pressure washer, you’ll want to ensure you’ve got a decent warranty, especially if you plan on getting frequent use out of it. With frequent use, these machines will cause lots of general wear and tear, however, a warranty will cover you for any defects or problems that you have come across from no fault of your own.
If you like a little more bang for your buck, then seek out pressure washers that come with some inclusive accessories to amp up your pressure washing projects. Some products will come with extra nozzle heads, extension leads, and soap detergents.
If you’re planning on using the pressure washer for a variety of cleaning projects, then find a washer that comes with compatible cleaning heads, for example, you can have a spray head for cleaning cars or a rotating mop head for scrubbing concrete floors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best portable pressure washer?
The best portable pressure washers are Sun Joe SPX3000, Greenworks 1500 Pressure Washer, Worx WG644, and also the handheld Varsk VAR-710 Cordless Pressure Washer.
Are portable pressure washers any good?
Portable pressure washers are great as they are lightweight enough to be easily transported around your garden or even your car. They are also much easier to store.
Whilst portable pressure washers are not as powerful as commercial-grade pressure washers, they’re still efficient at heavy-duty cleaning projects.
How do portable pressure washers work?
Portable pressure washers work by connecting to your garden hose or a constant water supply and then use an electrical source via an electric cord or battery to power a pump system. This pump system accelerates water at high pressure for intense cleaning.
Is there a difference between a pressure washer and a power washer?
Yes, the main difference between them is that a power washer uses heated water whereas the water used in a pressure washer is not heated. The heated water in a power washer makes it slightly easier to clean things.
What is more important water flow (GPM) or pressure (PSI)?
They are both equally as important, however, the rate of your waterflow will then affect the performance of the water pressure, so you should aim for both figures to be balanced. If you are after a pressure washer for heavy-duty cleaning then you should go for a PSI as high as possible, but if you’re just after something to generally clean your outside furniture then a regular figure will be fine.
Can I run a pressure washer from a bucket?
Yes, if you have a big enough bucket or a rainwater tank (a water tank is preferred) for your water supply. However, you should always use a water tank that is 75-100% full otherwise the motor will start to break down because gravity is not sufficient enough to supply the water.
Once the tank drops below that level then you’ll have to switch up the water supply. This is why most people connect it to a water supply like a backyard tap.
How many PSI do I need to clean concrete?
Pressure washers with a PSI of around 3000 are the best for cleaning concrete. You can still use anything under that as low as 1,300 but it will take you a lot longer to clean.
Do I need to use soap when using my pressure washer?
It is recommended to use some sort of cleaning detergent with your pressure washer to make the process easier. There are specialized cleaning detergents made for pressure washers, however, you can use a diluted amount of dish soap to get a similar effect.
Not all pressure washers will be able to be combined with soap detergent and they need to be applied separately.
Where is the best place to store my portable pressure washer?
Try to keep your portable pressure washer in a cool, dry place that won’t reach freezing temperatures. Follow this method unless you have used a pump-saving liquid to protect the pump from freezing and damaging it.
That being said, you don’t want to store your pressure washer in a place where there is too much moisture, otherwise, you risk the build-up of mold. Make sure you drain your pressure washer every time you use it. It’ll also need to be descaled annually.