Tired of bending down and scrubbing intensely just to remove those stains? Have you given up all hope of removing those pesky marks left behind by… you can’t even remember what? Or maybe your just ready to upgrade to the best quality power washer?
Maybe its time to give your vehicle or property a good spring cleaning? A power washer is easily the best tool for this type of job.
These elite machines make it very easy to blast away dirt and grime from your property and are ideal for tough cleaning jobs like washing engines and muddy wheels.
Today you can shop from a variety of power washer brands and types. Gas operated and electric power washers are both very popular on the market and their designs have been streamlined into devices that are very easy to use and super compact for easy storage.
Electric power washers are the most popular for domestic or household use. Gas operated power washers are much more expensive and usually deliver a higher pressure force than electric power washers.
If you are taking on simple garden, garage, and car cleaning projects then we recommend you look for the best electric power washer. These units are affordable, easy to use, offer sufficient pressure for most home task, then store away easily with out the headaches of small gas engines.
We, like many of you, dislike wasting money and even worse, nagging buyers remorse. You’ve worked hard on earning your money, in like manner we’ve worked hard on these product choices. No more trial and error, because we have done all that.
Benefits of an Electric Power Washer?
An electric power washer is a must-have for any household. These machines have one main function; to pressurize water. But despite their single function, they are hugely flexible and offer many benefits such as the following:
Eases cleaning projects – This is probably the biggest reason people choose to invest in a power washer. Cleaning rough exterior surfaces is a lot of hard work. Pressure washers make these jobs a lot easier because they can get into all of those tiny areas and don’t require any scrubbing to effectively clean.
No chemicals required – You can choose to add a mild detergent to the detergent tanks but many property owners simply use clean water to effectively wash most surfaces. Choosing to use mild detergents can also help reduce the effects of chemicals on the environment.
Reduce water consumption – I feel good using less water, and a pressure washer is much more conservative with water than your typical garden hose. Check out my comparison here.
Removes insects – Pressure washers are perfect for flushing out insects, eggs, and webs from all of those hard to reach areas.
Removes allergens – When surfaces are pressure washed, all pollen, insect parts, insects and dust is washed away. This can greatly reduce dust in the house and can help keep allergens under control.
Terms You Need to Understand
Various brands and manufacturers use multiple terms to describe their features. But here are the main terms we want to be familiar with:
PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute). These two (2) terms are most important when selecting a pressure washer and you’ll see them quite a bit.
Definitions and Abbreviations
- PSI stands for pounds per square inch. We use PSI to measure how much force the water has to hit the surface you are cleaning. This means that the stronger the PSI, the stronger it makes the water hit any surface; thus removing more stubborn stains.
- GPM stands for gallons per minute (also known as LPM – Liters per minute and Flow Rate). We use GPM to measure how much water goes into and is outputted by your power washer. This means that the higher the GPM, the more area you will be able to cover when you will point your machine to a particular area. Think of it like this, you have a straw in one hand and a fire hose in the other, and if both are producing the same PSI, which ones going to clean your driveway faster? Yep, you guessed it, and that fire hose has the higher GPM.
- CP stands for cleaning power (also known as CU – Cleaning Units and Bar). This helps to measure the combination of PSI and GPM to get stuff done. If you put your finger on your garden hose to increase pressure, your not increasing the amount of water. Using PSI and GPM together we can verify that manufacturers are not increasing PSI at the expense of GPM. They work together.
The Best Power Washer: Our Number 1 Pick
So lets be clear, even thought this is our #1 pick, there are no bad choices in this review. We’ve pulled the weeds already.
So our #1 Pick for value, ease of use and sufficient specs for most jobs is the Sun Joe SPX3000.
1. Sun Joe spx3000: Best Power Washer for The Money
Why Is It Our Number 1 Pick?
Sun Joe SPX3000 has endured and surpassed all our expectations and all the cleaning tasks we have subjected it to, making it pound-for-pound the number one power washer out there.
Reasons why we love it:
- When we first lifted it up, it surprised us with how lightweight it is. There was no problem moving it from one place to another.
- We also liked it because it was so maneuverable. With 35 feet of cord we rarely had to unplug it while moving around the work area.
- This has a patented total stop system. This system ensures that you do not waste water.
By far, this has been the best purchase we have done for this year. You not only get power inside a very small compact package, but you also get versatility and ease-of-use in this pressure washer.
Things to love about the Sun Joe SPX3000:
Sun Joe SPX3000 is by far the best one for home use, as per our findings. This machine is the perfect combination of power, size, versatility, and maneuverability that comes at a very low price. It is the solution to a myriad of residential problems related to cleaning various surfaces.
Sun Joe SPX3000 is also the best portable power washer out there, weighing just 31 pounds. It’s a breeze to use and does not put any strain on your arms whenever you use it.
- Portable – weighing just thirty-one (31) pounds, this machine is the ultra-lightweight option. It’s also very easy to move around from one place to another because of its lightweight and portability. Even enclosed spaces pose no problems for Sun Joe SPX3000. The big and durable wheels, like the ones on your top wheeled cooler, attached to this machine further complement to this machine’s portability.
- Quiet – this electrical power washer is virtually noise-free once you switch it on. Only the sound of water being pushed out and hitting the surface can be heard from this machine.
- Clean – since it is electric, there is virtually zero carbon monoxide emission and no poisonous fumes that come out of this power washer, ensuring that you and the environment stay free from any pollutants.
- Powerful –this machine comes with a very powerful and durable pump, capable of delivering 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM, totaling a whopping 3500 CU; ensuring that all household-related messes are a thing of the past.
- Ease-of-use – this machine is equipped with a total-stop mechanism, meaning that once you release the trigger, the machine shuts off automatically; ensuring that no water and electricity is wasted. This feature actually saves you a lot of electrical and water bills. Also, this machine is very easy to use; just point and click, and it does the rest. It even has a convenient holster for the spray gun.
- Durable – with the perfect mix of metal and hard plastic, this machine is guaranteed to work like the very first day you opened and used it, for the generations to come.
- Versatility – since it comes with 5 interchangeable nozzle tips, dual removable tanks, a 35-foot rewindable power cord, and 20-foot of hose, there is no job too tough to handle for this power washer.
Things that Sun Joe SPX3000 could improve on:
- Longer hose – the 20-foot length is the standard for all power washers on the market, which is why a few extra feet wouldn’t hurt.
- Top Heavy– since a lot of storage clips and holsters have been placed on the top, this renders the machine’s a bit top heavy. The slim profile makes it easy for storage, but during use be especially careful when not flat even surfaces.
- 120 Volt motor
- 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM
- 3572 Cleaning Power
- 20 feet of hose
- Hard, durable plastic body with metal fittings
- 5 pieces of nozzles (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap settings)
- 35 feet of power cord
- Lightweight (just 31 pounds)
Sun Joe SPX3000 serves all our needs without having to break the bank. So, what do we get here? The best product with great versatility that lasts for generations! A powerhouse that feels like really cheap. This is why we chose Sun Joe SPX3000 as the best power washer available today for residential use.
Other Praise-Worthy Pressure Washers on the Market:
2. GreenWorks GPW1501: Best portable pressure washer
This little power washer does wonders despite its small stature. Having dimensions of only 9.45 x 17.13 x 11.42 inches, this machine might be small but it packs quite a cleaning punch. Sleek, compact, and lightweight are the key components for the success of this power washer.
GreenWorks GPW1501 has an onboard pump that offers 1500 PSI and 1.2 GPW to tackle your messiest of surfaces. It also comes with a handy soap applicator that allows for foaming at low pressure and rinsing when at high pressure.
Worrying about not being able to reach those hard-to-reach areas? GreenWorks GPW1501 comes equipped with a 35-foot power cord and 20-foot hose, talk about small things carrying big packages.
Overall, this is a portable machine capable of dishing out cleanliness for years to come.
- An electric motor capable of delivering1500 PSI and 1.2 GPM
- 1800 cleaning power
- A 20-foot of durable hose
- 35 feet of power cord
- 2 customizable nozzles ( 25°, 40° spray)
- Lightweight (just 17 pounds)
- compact and lightweight
- attachable soap tank
- work both vertically and horizontally
- leaks may come from the connection between water hose and power washer
- needs a constant water supply (can not be used from a holding tank)
3. AR Blue Clean AR383: Best Car Washing Power Washer
Quiet engine sometimes mistook for a vacuum cleaner due to its appearance, this power washer is a powerful dirt blaster. Being equipped with two (2) large and durable wheels pulling this agile pressure washer around is hassle free.
The AR383 is no small machine either; it has dimensions of 11.2 x 12.2 x 28.5 inches, and packs tons of power. It is capable of delivering 1900 PSI and 1.5 GPM, enabling you to blast that pesky surface dirt away. Its a breeze to clean those hard-to-reach places become because this machine is equipped with both a 20-foot hose and a 35-foot power cord.
AR383 is unique in its class because it can be controlled through its trigger. The total stop system allows for maximized usage without wasting any water or electricity for added savings. Additionally, for our safety, it is equipped with an automatic safety valve, which shuts off the pressure of the pump head if not in use.
The best feature of this machine is its hose reel, allowing the easy stowing of the 20-foot hose at your disposal. Gone are the days when we had to manually coil our hose in order to properly stow it, the AR Blue Clean AR383 does that for us with just a few turns of the wheel.
- An electric motor capable of 1900 PSI and 1.5 GPM
- The cleaning power of 2850
- A durable hose of 20 feet
- Tangle-free 35-foot power cord
- Lightweight at 27 pounds
- Lightweight and powerful
- Multiple accessories
- The easy hose reel system
- Durable parts
- Quiet engine
- Reeling the hose quickly entangles itself
- Plastic parts may leak or break
- Cannot add to hose length
4. Karcher K5 Premium: Best Electric Premium Power Washer
No cleaning job is too tough or too hard for the Karcher K5 Premium. Being one of the top quality power washers the market has to offer, jam-packed with features and loaded with power, this is simply the best pressure cleaner.
Designed to give unparalleled performance coupled with state-of-the-art engineering and robust design, this power washer is dirt’s worst enemy. Boasting 2000 PSI and 1.4 GPM pump, this power washer will easily blast through even the toughest of stains.
Karcher K5 Premium is packed with features we can’t find anywhere else. Powering this machine is easy with its patented water-cooled induction motor, ensuring hours of our uninterrupted dirt-blasting fun.
It also comes with multiple wands for your various needs: the DirtBlaster wand does as its name suggests, blasts dirt on high pressure; while its Vario Spray Wand allows for the combination of soap and water to clean any surface.
Moreover, its rugged and robust frame ensures that this power washer will keep going for years making it the best electric power washer available in the market.
- Electric motor outputting 2000 PSI and 1.4 GPM
- The total cleaning power of 2800
- A long hose of 25 feet
- Durable 7.7-inch wheels
- Lightweight at 32 pounds
- Small and easy to store
- Rugged and heavy-duty cleaning
- Multiple attachments for customized cleaning
- patio cleaner
- foam nozzle
- extension wands
- Hose reel system
- Onboard detergent tank
- Eco-saving functions for added water and electricity saving
- Quiet functioning
- Difficult to set up
- No lengthy power cord
- Bulky to store
5. Simpson Powershot PS3228-S: Best Gas Power Washer 2020
OK, I slipped in a gas pressure washer. Sometimes, even around the house, you just need more power.
Engineered to meet the rigorous demands of cleaning stubborn dirt and stains on various surfaces, Simpson PS3228-S passes with flying colors. Built with a professional engine, triplex pump and welded on a sturdy steel frame, this gas-powered power washer is nothing short of perfection.
Being the first and the best gas power washer on the list, the Simpson PS3228-S does not disappoint. With the power that exceeds that of its electric-powered counterparts, this machine is stronger and tougher than electric power washers. Extraordinary power with a robust frame is what this model is all about.
Boasting a Honda GX200 engine, this machine easily puts out 3300 PSI at 2.5 GPM right from the get-go. The engine allows for low fuel consumption without compromising water pressure and delivery.
The machine is equipped with multiple quick releases and connected nozzles, enabling easy customization to fit various cleaning needs. Also, a 25-foot abrasion resistant hose gives the Simpson PS3228-S versatility beyond what you would expect of a gas-powered power washer. All these features and power are carried by 10-inch pneumatic tires on its wheels.
- Gasoline-powered Honda engine
- A strong motor capable of 3300 PSI and 2.5 GPM
- The total cleaning power of 8250
- Durable 10-inch pneumatic wheels
- 25 feet of hose at 5/16 size
- Heavy-duty welded steel frame with axle
- Lightweight for use at 75 pounds
- Powerful engine and pump
- Mobile and rigid frame
- Fuel efficient
- Can be operated for long hours
- Trustworthy engine manufacturer
- Lightweight and compact for its class
- Easily customizable nozzle selection
- Emits pollution
- Heavy compared to electric power washers
- Gas engines require more maintenance
6. Karcher K3 Follow-Me: Best Small Pressure Washer
Yes, I know it’s the cutest option but that not why it’s on the list:)
It is the predecessor of the Karcher K5 Premium, but it is the smaller and more compact version.
Being the only 4-wheeled power washer in the market, this brings the power of pressurized washer mobility to another level.
Being called follow-me, this machine easily follows its user anywhere to bring unrivaled cleaning power wherever needed. Lightweight, durable and powerful Karcher K3 Follow-me allows its users to cater to any possible surfaces, areas, and scenarios.
Never worry about toppling or having to pull or push on your power washer ever again.
Equipped with highly customizable wands, this machine allows for a myriad of cleaning capabilities. The Vario Spray Wand is easily adjustable to suit the surface you intend to clean.
The easy switch mechanism allows you to access high to low pressures easily and its pressure sensors know when to activate the onboard detergent tank to further enhance your cleaning prowess.
The DirtBlaster wand caters to the tougher stains by focusing water into a thinner, more focused delivery.
The best thing about the Karcher K3 Follow-Me is that it is incredibly easy-to-use, just plug it in and you’re good to go. No need to stop every now and then to readjust the position of the power washer unlike its competitors because the Karcher K3 follows you wherever you go.
The machine is designed to be used immediately and maintenance-free, aside from the obvious fact that you have to clean the detergent tank once in a while. Wherever you go, the Karcher K3 Follow-me will follow and bring cleanliness with every step just like a winner.
- Easy plug-and-use feature
- A strong electric motor capable of 1800 PSI and 1.3 GPM
- The total Cleaning power of 2340
- Lengthy power cord at 35 feet
- 16 pounds only
- Ultra lightweight and portable
- Highly mobile
- Easy to use
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Highly customizable and can cater to various needs
- Onboard detergent tank
- Short Hose
- Prone to getting hung up on some surfaces
- You need to refill often the small detergent container
7. The Briggs & Stratton S2000P Best Compact Power Washer
This pressure washer looks a little bit different because of its metal frame for those tired of plastic everything. And of course Briggs and Stratton has been around for a long time in the small motor space.
This washer produces a 2000PSI / 1.71GPM water pressure powerful enough for most cleanup projects.
The pressure washer is very easy to use and offers a large storage area where you can roll up the 35ft power cord.
The nice and long 25ft high-pressure hose also enhances your range a great deal. This power washer comes with a 7-in-1 hose that is super easy to use.
Another positive benefit of this pressure washer is its quiet induction motor. The silent motor makes for a rather pleasant cleaning experience, especially if your used to a gas pressure washer.
The power washer is ideal for cleaning outdoor surfaces and vehicles. Its large wheels make it easy to move around as you work on cleaning a deck but can also be used for simple car cleaning projects. When you are finished using the washer, you can easily store it since its steel frame is foldable for easy compact storage.
- Weight – 43.25lbs
- Size – 13 x 37.5 x 17”
- Color – Red/black
- PSI – 2000
- GPM – 1.71
- Motor – Induction motor
- Detergent tank – One ½ gallon
- Hose – 25ft high pressure
- Powercord – 35ft
- Wheels – 7” solid wheels
- Accessories – Detergent tank, hose, 7-in-1 nozzle, welded steel frame, large 7” wheels
- The metal frame construction makes it easier to move about and use without the unit tipping over
- A large cord storage area is ideal for keeping your power washer and garage nice and tidy
- The long 25ft high pressure hose is ideal for moving about the property with ease
- A long 35ft power cord allows you to reach all over the garden
- One removable detergent take makes for easy sop adding
- The power washer has two large 7” wheels so you can easily move about the property
- The induction motor produces a jet of water with a 2000 PSI / 1.71GPM pressure force
- The unit is very easy to use
- It folds to a compact size for easy storage
- It comes with a handy 7-in-1 nozzle
- The motor and water pressure level isn’t quite as powerful as you would expect
- The washer is a bit heavy
- The price is a bit higher
8. Sun Joe SPX1000: Best Versatility in a Power Washer
Sun Joe SPX1000 never ceases to show its wonders. This machine is the very definition of compact supremacy. This machine is a marvel to behold, capable of delivering 1450 PSI at 1.45 GPM, this is one mean machine.
Despite its seemingly fragile frame, the Sun Joe SPX1000 is a durable and reliable machine. Its light weight and small size make it ideal to take on your everyday chore. Weighing only 12 pounds, this machine can be easily moved from one place to another, giving you easy access to its immense power anywhere you need it.
The highlight of the Sun Joe SPX1000 lies not in its power, but in its versatility. This machine is equipped with a variable spray wand, allowing for easy spray customization based on the surface that needs to be cleaned; then add to it the 33-inch wand and features, such as trigger lock and total-stop. All this makes for unparalleled power and flexibility at its user’s fingertips.
- Powerful yet small electrical machine
- 1450 PSI with 1.45 GPM
- The cleaning power of 2103 CU
- Never get flat wheel
Subtle power, versatility, and maneuverability are the hallmarks that make the Sun Joe SPX1000 great. Finally, what we can assure you of this compact pressure washer is the freedom of work it has. Go for it.
9. Powerhouse International The Force 1800 Strongest Compact Pressure Washer
Powerhouse International The Force 1800 is a modern-day power washer with great feats of engineering. This is a sleek and powerful device guaranteed to redefine the meaning of electric power washers.
The Powerhouse International The Force 1800 is one of the strongest compact pressure washers we have encountered so far. With 1800 PSI at 1.6 GPM, this is an electric pressure washer to be reckoned with. But the power does not end there, this guy has been fitted with an initial power burst feature which ramps up the PSI to a whopping 2600, talk about power.
Powerhouse International The Force 1800 is no back-breaker either, it has been specially designed so that we can carry it around easily with its pull-along feature. You may ask what a pull along is. This is a feature that lets the machine to be dragged easily instead of being lifted, which allows us to have maneuverability beyond the traditional electric power washer.
This machine is coupled with a 30-foot power cord and an additional 20-foot durable hose, so there is no place we can’t reach with this pressure washer..
Putting maneuverability aside, this machine has been enhanced even more with its patented foot controls which allow us to switch the machine on and off using only our feet. How handy is that (OK… maybe pun intended)!
- Patented pull-along technology
- Durable electric motor
- 1800 PSI and 1.6 GPM output
- 2880 Cleaning power
- Lengthy power cord – 30 feet
- lengthy hose – 20 feet
- Ultra-light at 17 lbs.
In addition, the Powerhouse International The Force 1800 has been fitted with the Total-stop system that further adds to our security and longevity of your purchase by ensuring that the motor will only work when it has to.
It even has an overheat sensor installed which automatically switches off the motor when we get carried away and it becomes too hot, and only allows it to be switched back on when the appropriate working temperature has been reached. Sounds good for a top class power washer!
Powerhouse International The force 1800 is guaranteed to revolutionize the electrical power washing industry for years to come.
- Highly maneuverable
- Patented on/off switch
- Easily attachable, variable foam tank and nozzles
- Compact yet powerful
- Unparalleled safety features
- Easy to store
- Tons of add-ons
- Lacks storage for power cord and hose
- No holster for gun and wand
10. Simpson Megashot MSH3125: Best Simpson Power Washer
Do you drive a monster truck?
Ok, one more gas model. Do you drive a monster truck? Then your probably gonna want this one:)
Simpson MSH3125-S is a gasoline-powered behemoth of a power washer capable of delivering power, precision, and finesse with every pull of the trigger, rendering stains virtually powerless.
This Simpson power washer delivers 3100 PSI at 2.5 GPM, allowing for unparalleled cleaning capabilities; never would you have to blast over another surface the second time with the power this machine delivers constantly. Thinking of a big washing job? This is the best choice for you.
All this raw power is housed in a robust and heavy-duty steel frame, capable of withstanding the sheer force this machine is capable of producing. But the frame is made portable with the addition of 10-inch pneumatic wheels, making the need to move this machine a piece of cake.
The engine delivers a vast amount of power yet it needs little to no maintenance, thanks to the capable hands of its manufacturers, Honda. Reliability is guaranteed with every product and the engine is built using premium and durable parts, ensuring that you won’t need to repair it for a long time.
Indeed, packing all this power in a machine is a challenge but Simpson MSH3125-S delivers it with flying colors. The manufacturers even threw in a bit more by adding a highly ergonomic gun and the ability to change the pressure delivery of the machine to adapt to your cleaning needs. Unrivaled power and finesse are the highlights of the Simpson MSH3125-S.
- An ergonomic gun with pressure control
- 10-inch pneumatic wheels
- Efficient Gasoline engine
- The output of 3100 PSI at 2.5 GPM
- The superb cleaning power of 7750
- 25 feet of ¼ inch sized hose
- Heavy-duty welded steel frame with an axle
- Can be carried by one person
- Portable and compact
- Fuel efficient
- The engine is prone to halt but can be easily fixed
- Probably best used in well ventilated areas…
Taking Care of Your Best Power Washer
All power washers should be well taken care of because they are your buddies when it comes to dealing with stubborn dirt, stains, and messes in and around your home or workplace.
Power washers are usually designed to be maintenance-free, but this does not mean that you can ignore them completely, because they will eventually retire earlier than expected if no maintenance is done.
To ensure that you make the most out of your power washer and ensure that it goes on to serve you for years; here are some practical steps to take:
Before Using the Power Washer
- Check the “o rings” on the ends of your pressure hoses. Damaged o rings can cause serious damages, which include leaking and injuries during use. If an o ring malfunctions, this results in an unstable pressure build-up; causing possible harm or destruction of the unit. Replace the worn out parts immediately. It is also advised to lubricate the o rings with grease every once in a while to maintain their elasticity.
- Check the nozzles for signs of clogs or debris and are secured in place. Clogs in the nozzles cause the unexpected build-up of pressure inside. If clogs are present, you should rinse them with water and remove the debris present. Also, make sure that the nozzles are open and ready for use.
- Make sure that you have an adequate water source present which is free from blockages. Running the power washer with an inadequate amount of water can cause the pump to be damaged.
- If you are using a gasoline powered power washer, make sure that you are using fresh gasoline and check the oil levels. Use a stabilizer if you are using old gasoline to make sure that there are no clumps, but do not forget to add new gasoline. For the engine to keep running properly, the indicated amount of oil should be followed, add oil if necessary.
Wait! Buying the best one is not the end!
- When using gasoline-powered power washers, make sure that all spark plugs are working properly. You can ensure that your spark plugs are corrosion-free by accessing each one and slowly scraping fine grit sandpaper on it to remove possible rust. Replace corroded spark plugs immediately because they can cause problems to your engine.
- Make sure that all filters are free from clogs. Run clean water to ensure that they are free from any possible debris or residues that may have been caused by the use of detergents during cleaning.
- Inspect the hoses and couplings. Check the high-pressure hoses for leaks, abrasions or bulging; and replace if problems are cited. Also, examine your detergent tanks and clean with clear water.
- For electrically powered pressure hoses, you must check your power cords and adapters for signs of damage. You would not want to be shocked once you start the machine.
During Use of the Pressure Washer
- Make sure that wherever you go, your power source, as well as your water supply hose, remains untangled on the various obstacles and structures you pass. If you happen to get tangled somewhere, do not forcefully pull on the cord or the machine, as this might cause the delicate hoses to break. It is advised that you temporarily switch off the machine and head towards the problematic area to properly address the issue.
- Whenever you encounter an unexpected problem or noise, make sure to switch off the power washer so as to properly address the issue. Clogs and other problems can occur while using the machine and it is helpful if you know the troubleshooting techniques.
What do these different pressure nozzles mean?
- Zero degrees – this is the most powerful nozzle setting that produces a pencil-point spray with no fan. You should use this nozzle to blast mud and dirt from surfaces or to remove weeds from cracks in concrete
- 15 degrees – this nozzle is used to remove peeling paint or other coatings. To be most effective, it should be used on a 45-degree angle
- 25 degrees – this nozzle has a wide fan pattern and is best used to rid surfaces of dirt and grime. Best applications are when you need to brush or broom a surface to make it free of dirt.
- 40 degrees – this nozzle is mainly used to wash delicate surfaces, like glass and vehicle exteriors
After Power Washer Use
- First and foremost, you should switch off the power washer
- If using an electric power washer, you should unplug the device
- Switch off the water source to ensure zero trapped water inside the device
- Locate your soap tanks or chemical storage tanks or intakes, and thoroughly spray with clean water to ensure that no residue is left behind
- Drain excess water before storing
- Relieve the pressure in the system, which can be done by pressing the trigger and allowing all excess water to drain out of the machine. Also detach all hoses, wands, and nozzles, and thoroughly clean
- Store your power washer in an area away from the elements but it should be well ventilated. Also, make sure to keep away from children because they might injure themselves
How to Troubleshoot A Power Washer
If you notice a strange noise with your power washer, here are some points you should consider:
- Noise in an electrical or gasoline pressure washer: It may be the tank or screen is clogged and needs cleaning
- In gasoline powered pressure washers. it could mean:
- weird engine noises could mean lack of oil
- chattering noises could mean water supply is too low or is too hot
- vibrating noises could mean that there is a problem with the air system or valves
- Loss of engine power could mean that the air filter is clogged. Don’t wait. Replace it!
To Sum Up
To summarize, the best power washer out there is a mix of affordability, functionality, and durability. A power washer is only good if it has a good mix of all three (3) things that make up a good machine:
You should always get the CU of a power washer. This will help to determine the performance of your power washer. PSI and GPM indicate this measure. I found the Karcher official website very helpful in creating this article.
A power washer is your best cleaning friend. It aids in cleaning various surfaces which, without its presence, render the task time-consuming and difficult. Finally, it is important to identify your needs because various types of power washers are available on the market, each suited to fill certain needs of the users.