Tired of bending down and scrubbing intensely just to remove those stains? Have you given up all hope of removing that pesky mark left by that age-old memory? Why expose yourself to harsh chemicals, painful scrubbing and tons of little tools when the answer to cleaning has just been an arms-length away? Choose the best power washer for home uses. This little machine is the answer to your cleaning woes in every aspect.
This is why we decided to compile a list of the 10 best pressure washers available on the market.
What You Will Get Here
- 1 Why Should You Trust Us?
- 2 Why Buy a Power Washer?
- 3 Our Number 1 Pick for The Best Power Washer
- 4 1. Sun Joe spx3000: Best Power Washer for home uses and cars
- 5 Why Is It Our Number 1 Pick?
- 6 Other Praise-Worthy Power Washers on the Market>>>
- 7 2. GreenWorks GPW1501: Best for Home use
- 8 3. AR Blue Clean AR383: Best for Cars
- 9 4. Karcher K5 Premium: Best Karcher pressure washer for Cleaning
- 10 5. Simpson Powershot PS3228-S: Best Gas Pressure Washer 2018
- 11 6. Karcher K3 Follow-Me: Great for Patio
- 12 7. Generac 7019 Onewash
- 13 8. Sun Joe SPX1000: Great Versatility
- 14 9. Powerhouse International The Force 1800
- 15 10. Simpson Megashot MSH3125: Simpson Power Washer
- 16 Taking Care of Your Power Washer
- 17 Troubleshooting Tips
- 18 To Sum Up
Why Should You Trust Us?
You must be thinking that “this is just a random review online” or “do these guys even know what they are talking about?”, or worst yet “this must be biased”. We can assure you that YES, we do know what we are talking about and here is why:
First of all, we have been where you are right now a few years ago. We had to scrub, scuff, and clean our fair share of surfaces, and we were tired of it. Since you are reading this, you must be as confused as we were when selecting the best washer.
But unlike you, we have done our research, talked to a lot of people, bought and tested almost all the products the market has to offer; which is why we are confident in our choices and the lesson we have learned throughout the years. We have gone from novices to experts, and we wish to impart our knowledge to you, our reader so that you do not have to waste your hard-earned money on the wrong one.
Secondly, we, like all of you, dislike wasting money and making the wrong decisions. That is why we only offer tried and tested products and brands for you to enjoy. You have worked hard on earning that money, and we have worked hard in assuring that only the best product lands on your hands.
We offer only the best reviews and the list of the best items we have come across. No more trial and error, because we have done all that. You only deserve the best and we will now introduce the best possible power washers guaranteed to bring out the professional in you.
Why Buy a Power Washer?
Power washers are the solutions to problems that no hose can solve. They use the same source, water, but they compress or pressurize it to give you more cleaning power. Let me explain, a hose works by allowing water to flow from your faucet to the end of the hose, then water flows and washes the dirt away.
However, a gentle flow of water sometimes is not enough to rid you of stubborn dirt and grime stuck on the surface you desire to clean. This is where the best washer comes into play. By pressurizing water, you give it more cleaning power through blasting a mixture of air and water onto any surface and ridding it of the pesky dirt stuck on it.
Before selecting the perfect power washer for you, you need to identify what you need to clean. Why? This choice directly relates to what might be the best one for you.
A number of power washers are available on the market, and choosing the best one based on your need will determine whether you can or cannot clean what you need to clean; and more importantly, it will determine if you will damage what you intend to clean.
Terms You Need to Understand
Various brands and manufacturers use multiple terms to describe the power, features of their products. It would be very wise to educate one’s self in the features to better understand what the power washer is capable and not capable of doing.
We want you to get the best bang-for-your-buck when it comes to deciding which power washer to get.
We have done the research and definition of terms for you. Wish it save your time and effort in better understanding the products you are looking for. We also describe them in terms that everyone, regardless of their age, can understand so as to ease the searching process. So let’s begin with the enlightenment.
Power outputs of different power washers vary. But they are measured in PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute). These two (2) terms are important in selecting a suitable power washer for you.
Definitions and Abbreviations
- PSI stands for pounds per square inch. This is used to measure how much force the water has to hit the surface you are cleaning. This means that the stronger the PSI, the stronger it makes the water hit any surface; thus removing more stubborn stains.
- GPM stands for gallons per minute (also known as LPM – Liters per minute and Flow Rate). This is used to measure how much water goes into and is outputted by your power washer. This means that the higher the GPM, the more area you will be able to cover when you will point your machine to a particular area.
- CP stands for cleaning power (also known as CU – Cleaning Units and Bar). This helps to measure the combination of PSI and GPM, resulting in a faster clean. This means that the bigger CP a power washer has, the faster it is and more efficient at cleaning any surface. Because more water at a stronger pressure hits the surface you want to clean.
Other Terms You Need to Learn
- Amps (A): This means the power output of the power washer
- Axial cam pump: Mechanisms found in pumps intended for home power washers
- Triplex pump: Mechanisms found in pumps intended to make them the best commercial pressure washers. These increases the machine’s lifespan and help it perform more efficiently
- Interchangeable nozzle tips: Accessories that are either purchased or come with the power washer allow for customizable pressure and water flow. A high-pressure nozzle tip means higher pressure by spraying in a narrow pattern. A low-pressure nozzle tip gives a wider pattern and allows for the application of a mixture of water and detergent.
To select the best washer, we made a candidate list from our focus group as well as from the consumers. The most crucial and painstaking process is testing, which often entails long hours of various tests of the products.
We often give various power washers to our partners, consumers, and testers. This is for the machines to have a real life test and application. We push these power washers to their maximum limits. This helps to make proper reviews for each one and find out the top power washer.
Now, without further ado let’s jump onto this!
Our Number 1 Pick for The Best Power Washer
As mentioned before, all the products we review have to go through a very meticulous process of testing and re-testing to be considered worthy of a review by us. Let us be clear that just because we determined it as the best does not mean that all other power washers in this review as well as on the market are sub-par to this one, this simply means that majority of the people who tested various power washers preferred this one above others. According to our findings, the winner is the Sun Joe SPX3000.
Why Is It Our Number 1 Pick?
Sun Joe SPX3000 has endured and surpassed all our expectations and all the cleaning tasks we have subjected it to, making it pound-for-pound the number one power washer out there.
Reasons why we love it:
- When we first lifted it up, it surprised us with the lightweight it has. There was no problem moving it from one place to another and had fun cleaning various surfaces in the process.
- We also liked it because it was so maneuverable. We had no problem going about with the cleaning we had to do because this power washer had a total of 50 feet of cord/hose. So we rarely had to unplug it before moving to another room.
- We even let our kids use it because it was so safe and easy to use. This has a patented total stop system. This system ensures that your kids do not waste water in case they got distracted or ran around.
- There was no problem in using this best small pressure washer at home because it was so silent and had no emissions.
By far, this has been the best purchase we have done for this year. We not only got power inside a very small compact package, but we also got versatility and ease-of-use in this pressure washer.
Things to love about the Sun Joe SPX3000:
Sun Joe SPX3000 is by far the best electric power washer for home use, as per our findings. This machine is the perfect combination of power, size, versatility, and maneuverability that comes at a very low price. It is the solution to a myriad of residential problems related to cleaning various surfaces.
Sun Joe SPX3000 is also the best portable pressure washer out there, weighing just 31 pounds. It’s a breeze to use and does not put any strain on your arms whenever you use it.
- Portable – weighing just thirty-one (31) pounds, this machine is the ultra-lightweight option. It’s also very easy to move around from one place to another because of its lightweight and portability. Even enclosed spaces pose no problems for Sun Joe SPX3000. The big and durable wheels, like the ones in your top wheeled cooler, attached to this machine further complement to this machine’s portability.
- Silent – this electrical power washer is virtually noise-free once you switch it on. Only the sound of water being pushed out and hitting the surface can be heard from this machine.
- Clean – since it is electric, there is virtually zero carbon monoxide emission and no poisonous fumes that come out of this power washer, ensuring that you and the environment stay free from any pollutants.
- Powerful –this machine comes with a very powerful and durable pump, capable of delivering 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM, totaling a whopping 3500 CU; ensuring that all household-related messes are a thing of the past.
- Ease-of-use – this machine is equipped with a total-stop mechanism, meaning that once you release the trigger, the machine shuts off automatically; ensuring that no water and electricity is wasted. This feature actually saves you a lot of electrical and water bills. Also, this machine is very easy to use; just point and click, and it does the rest. It even has a convenient holster for the spray gun.
- Durable – with the perfect mix of metal and hard plastic, this machine is guaranteed to work like the very first day you opened and used it, for the generations to come.
- Versatility – since it comes with 5 interchangeable nozzle tips, dual removable tanks, a 35-foot rewindable power cord, and 20-foot of hose, there is no job too tough to handle for this power washer.
Things that Sun Joe SPX3000 could improve on:
- Longer hose – the 20-foot length is the standard for all power washers on the market, which is why a few extra feet wouldn’t hurt.
- Heavy top– since a lot of storage clips and holsters have been placed on the top, this renders the machine’s top a bit heavy, meaning it might topple over if not placed on a flat surface.
- 120 Volt motor
- 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM
- 3572 Cleaning Power
- 20 feet of hose
- Hard, durable plastic body with metal fittings
- 5 pieces of nozzles (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap settings)
- 35 feet of power cord
- Lightweight (just 31 pounds)
Sun Joe SPX3000 serves all our needs without having to break the bank. So, what do we get here? The best product with great versatility that lasts for generations! A powerhouse that feels like really cheap. This is why we chose Sun Joe SPX3000 as the best electric power washer available today for residential use.
Other Praise-Worthy Power Washers on the Market>>>
This little power washer does wonders despite its small stature. Having dimensions of only 9.45 x 17.13 x 11.42 inches, this machine might be small but it packs quite a cleaning punch. Sleek, compact, and lightweight are the key components for the success of this power washer.
GreenWorks GPW1501 has an onboard pump that offers 1500 PSI and 1.2 GPW to tackle your messiest of surfaces. It also comes with a handy soap applicator that allows for foaming at low pressure and rinsing when at high pressure.
Worrying about not being able to reach those hard-to-reach areas? GreenWorks GPW1501 comes equipped with a 35-foot power cord and 20-foot hose, talk about small things carrying big packages.
- An electric motor capable of delivering1500 PSI and 1.2 GPM
- 1800 cleaning power
- A 20-foot of durable hose
- 35 feet of power cord
- 2 customizable nozzles ( 25°, 40° spray)
- Lightweight (just 17 pounds)
- compact and lightweight
- attachable soap tank
- long hose and power cord
- works both vertically or horizontally
- leaks may come from the connection between water hose and power washer
- needs a constant water supply
Quiet engine sometimes mistook for a vacuum cleaner due to its appearance, this power washer is a powerful dirt blaster. This machine is very agile due to the fact that it is equipped with two (2) large and durable wheels that make pulling it a breeze.
The AR383 is no small machine either; it has dimensions of 11.2 x 12.2 x 28.5 inches, and packs tons of power. It is capable of delivering 1900 PSI and 1.5 GPM, enabling you to blast that pesky surface dirt away. Hard-to-reach places become a breeze to clean because this machine is equipped with both a 20-foot hose and a 35-foot power cord.
AR383 is unique in its class because it can be controlled through its trigger. The total stop system allows for maximized usage without wasting any water or electricity for added savings. For added safety, it is equipped with an automatic safety valve, which shuts off the pressure of the pump head if not in use.
The best feature of this machine is its hose reel, allowing the easy stowing of the 20-foot hose at your disposal. Gone are the days when you had to manually coil your hose in order to properly stow it, the AR Blue Clean AR383 does that for you with just a few turns of the wheel.
- An electric motor capable of 1900 PSI and 1.5 GPM
- A cleaning power of 2850
- A durable hose of 20 feet
- Tangle-free 35-foot power cord
- Lightweight at 27 pounds
- Lightweight and powerful
- Multiple accessories
- Easy hose reel system
- Durable parts
- Quiet engine
- Reeling the hose quickly entangles itself
- Plastic parts may leak or break
- Cannot add to hose length
No cleaning job is too tough or too hard for the Karcher K5 Premium. Being one of the top quality pressure washers the market has to offer, jam-packed with features and loaded with power, this pressure cleaner is simply the best.
Designed to give unparalleled performance coupled with state-of-the-art engineering and robust design, this power washer is dirt’s worst enemy. Boasting 2000 PSI and 1.4 GPM pump, this power washer will easily blast through even the toughest of stains.
Karcher K5 Premium is packed with features you will find nowhere else. Powering this machine is easy with its patented water-cooled induction motor, ensuring hours of uninterrupted dirt-blasting fun.
It also comes with multiple wands for your various needs: the DirtBlaster wand does as its name suggests, blasts dirt on high pressure; while its Vario Spray Wand allows for the combination of soap and water to clean any surface.
Moreover, its rugged and robust frame ensures that this power washer will keep going for years.
- Electric motor outputting 2000 PSI and 1.4 GPM
- A total cleaning power of 2800
- A long hose of 25 feet
- Durable 7.7-inch wheels
- Lightweight at 32 pounds
- Small and easy to store
- Rugged and heavy-duty cleaning
- Multiple attachments for customized cleaning
- patio cleaner
- foam nozzle
- extension wands
- Hose reel system
- Onboard detergent tank
- Eco-saving functions for added water and electricity saving
- Quiet functioning
- Difficult to set up
- No lengthy power cord
- Bulky to store
Engineered to meet the rigorous demands of cleaning stubborn dirt and stains on various surfaces, Simpson PS3228-S passes with flying colors. Built with a professional engine, triplex pump and welded on a sturdy steel frame, this gas-powered pressure washer is nothing short of perfection.
Being the first and the best gas pressure washer in the list, the Simpson PS3228-S does not disappoint. With the power that exceeds that of its electric-powered counterparts, this machine is stronger and harder than electric pressure washers. Extraordinary power with a robust frame is what this model is all about.
Boasting a Honda GX200 engine, this machine easily puts out 3200 PSI at 2.8 GPM right from the get-go. The engine allows for low fuel consumption without compromising water pressure and delivery.
The machine is equipped with multiple quick releases and connected nozzles, enabling easy customization to fit various cleaning needs. Also, a 25-foot abrasion resistant hose gives the Simpson PS3228-S versatility beyond what you would expect of a gas powered pressure washer. All these features and power are carried by 10-inch pneumatic tires on its wheels.
- Gasoline-powered Honda engine
- A strong motor capable of 3200 PSI and 2.8 GPM
- The total cleaning power of 8960
- Durable 10-inch pneumatic wheels
- 25 feet of hose at 5/16 size
- Heavy-duty welded steel frame with axle
- Lightweight for use at 75 pounds
- Powerful engine and pump
- Mobile and rigid frame
- Fuel efficient
- Can be operated for long hours
- Trustworthy engine manufacturer
- Lightweight and compact for its class
- Easily customizable nozzle selection
- Emits pollution
- Heavy compared to best electric pressure washers
It is the predecessor of the Karcher K5 Premium, but it is the smaller and more compact version.
Being the only 4-wheeled pressure washer in the market, this brings the power of pressurized washer mobility to another level. Being called follow-me, this machine easily follows its user anywhere to bring unrivaled cleaning power wherever needed. Lightweight, durable and powerful Karcher K3 Follow-me allows its users to cater to any possible surfaces, areas, and scenarios. Never worry about toppling or having to pull or push on your power washer ever again.
Equipped with highly customizable wands, this machine allows for a myriad of cleaning capabilities. The Vario Spray Wand is easily adjustable to suit the surface you intend to clean. The easy switch mechanism allows you to access high to low pressures easily and its pressure sensors know when to activate the onboard detergent tank to further enhance your cleaning prowess. The DirtBlaster wand caters to the tougher stains by focusing water into a thinner, more focused delivery.
The best thing about the Karcher K3 Follow-Me is that it is incredibly easy-to-use, just plug it in and you’re good to go. No need to stop every now and then to readjust the position of the power washer unlike its competitors because the Karcher K3 follows you wherever you go. The machine is designed to be used immediately and maintenance-free, aside from the obvious fact that you have to clean the detergent tank once in a while. Wherever you go, the Karcher K3 Follow-me will follow and bring cleanliness with every step just like a winner.
- Easy plug-and-use feature
- A strong electric motor capable of 1800 PSI and 1.3 GPM
- The total Cleaning power of 2340
- Lengthy power cord at 35 feet
- 16 pounds only
- Ultra lightweight and portable
- Highly mobile
- Easy to use
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Highly customizable and can cater to various needs
- Onboard detergent tank
- Short Hose
- Prone to tangling with the environment
- You need to refill often the small detergent container
Generac 7019 Onewash is probably one of the best gasoline pressure washers available these days. Boasting a whopping 3100 PSI and 2.4 GPM capabilities, the cleaning power of this power washer is not something to be taken lightly. Though it is smaller compared to other gas powered power washers available, dealing with this tool is simply amazing.
The highlight of the Generac 7019 Onewash is its easy assembly and quick startup. No need to break your back trying to start this machine, just fill it with gas and a tug is all it takes to start it. There is also no lag time with regards to its power.
Generac has your back when it comes to convenience without sacrificing power. Generac 7019 Onewash weighs just 57 pounds and is retrofitted with a sturdy frame to keep everything snug and secure, with never-flat wheels to make pulling on this machine a breeze.
It also has an ergonomic and easily controllable variable pressure gun to make changing pressures to fit your cleaning task a breeze. The company even threw in a half-gallon detergent task to make foaming of any surface an easy task, because you carry it with the machine already.
All these features are backed up with a 196cc Generac maintenance-free engine, talk about unlimited power at your disposal. Generac is known for its sturdy maintenance-free engines that last a lifetime giving their machine a point extra for the run of the best.
Its powerdial gun lets you control the pressure with your thumb from the gun.
Power : Gasoline
PSI : 3100
GPM : 2.4
Cleaning Power (CU) : 7440
Hose : 1/4” x 25 feet
Pump and Gun Connection : Threaded M22
Onboard Detergent tank : 0.5 gallon
Wheel : Large never-flat
Weight : 57 pounds
Dimensions : 35.5 x 18.9 x 24.2 inches
- Lightweight and powerful
- Multiple customized nozzles for varied surfaces
- Mobile and compact
- Easy assembly and start
- Ergonomic and variable spray gun
- Suction tube sometimes gets in the way
- Hose connection on muffler side is impractical and sometimes causes damage to the connected hose
- Causes pollution
Sun Joe SPX1000 never ceases to show its wonders. This machine is the very definition of compact supremacy. This machine is a marvel to behold, capable of delivering 1450 PSI at 1.45 GPM, this is one mean machine.
Despite its seemingly fragile frame, the Sun Joe SPX1000 is a durable and reliable machine. Its light weight and small size make it ideal to take on your everyday chore. Weighing only 12 pounds, this machine can be easily moved from one place to another, giving you an easy access to its immense power anywhere you need it.
The highlight of the Sun Joe SPX1000 lies not in its power, but in its versatility. This machine is equipped with a variable spray wand, allowing for easy spray customization based on the surface that needs to be cleaned; then add to it the 33-inch wand and features, such as trigger lock and total-stop. All this makes for unparalleled power and flexibility at its user’s fingertips.
Power : Electrical
PSI : 1450
GPM : 1.45
Cleaning Power (CU) : 2103
Hose : 21 feet
Wand Length : 33 inches
Weight : 12 pounds
Wheel : Large never-flat
Weight : 57 pounds
Dimensions : 19 x 9.8 x 12 inches
Subtle power, versatility, and maneuverability are the hallmarks that make the Sun Joe SPX1000 great. Finally, what we can assure you on this compact pressure washer is the freedom of work it has. Go for it.
Powerhouse International The Force 1800 is a modern-day power washer with great feats of engineering. It is a sleek and powerful device guaranteed to redefine the meaning of electric power washers.
The Powerhouse International The Force 1800 is one of the strongest compact pressure washers we have encountered so far. With 1800 PSI at 1.6 GPM, this is an electric pressure washer to be reckoned with. But the power does not end there, it has been fitted with an initial power burst feature which ramps up the PSI to a whopping 2600, talk about power.
Is it really the best power washer?
Powerhouse International The Force 1800 is no back-breaker either, it has been specially designed to be carried around easily with its pull along feature. You may ask what a pull along is. This is a feature that lets the machine to be dragged easily instead of being lifted, which allows the user to have maneuverability beyond the traditional electric power washer.
This machine is coupled with a 30-foot power cord and an additional 20-foot durable hose, so there is no place that this machine cannot reach.
Putting maneuverability aside, this machine has been enhanced even more with its patented foot controls which allow the user to switch the machine on and off using only their feet.
The Powerhouse International The Force 1800 has been fitted with the Total-stop system that further adds to the security and longevity of the device by ensuring that the motor will only work when it has to.
It even has an overheat sensor installed which automatically switches off the motor when it becomes too hot, and only allows it to be switched back on when the appropriate working temperature has been reached. Sounds good for a top class power washer!
Powerhouse International The force 1800 is guaranteed to revolutionize the electrical power washing industry for years to come.
- Patented pull-along technology
- Durable electric motor
- 1800 PSI and 1.6 GPM output
- 2880 Cleaning power
- Lengthy power cord – 30 feet
- lengthy hose – 20 feet
- Ultra-light at 17 lbs.
- Highly maneuverable
- Patented on/off switch
- Easily attachable, variable foam tank and nozzles
- Compact yet powerful
- Unparalleled safety features
- Easy to store
- Tons of add-ons
- Lacks storage for power cord and hose
- No holster for gun and wand
Simpson MSH3125-S is a gasoline-powered behemoth of a power washer capable of delivering power, precision, and finesse with every pull of the trigger, rendering stains virtually powerless.
This Simpson power washer delivers 3100 PSI at 2.5 GPM, allowing for unparalleled cleaning capabilities; never would you have to blast over another surface the second time with the power this machine delivers constantly. Thinking of a big washing job? This one is the best choice for you.
All this raw power is housed in a robust and heavy-duty steel frame, capable of withstanding the sheer force this machine is capable of producing. But the frame is made portable with the addition of 10-inch pneumatic wheels, making the need to move this machine a piece of cake.
The engine delivers a vast amount of power yet it needs little to no maintenance, thanks to the capable hands of its manufacturers, Honda. Reliability is guaranteed with every product and the engine is built using premium and durable parts, ensuring that you won’t need to repair it for a long time.
Packing all this power in a machine is a challenge but Simpson MSH3125-S delivers it with flying colors. The manufacturers even threw in a bit more by adding a highly ergonomic gun and the ability to change the pressure delivery of the machine to adapt to your cleaning needs. Unrivaled power and finesse are the highlights of the Simpson MSH3125-S.
- An ergonomic gun with pressure control
- 10-inch pneumatic wheels
- Efficient Gasoline engine
- The output of 3100 PSI at 2.5 GPM
- Superb cleaning power of 7750
- 25 feet of ¼ inch sized hose
- Heavy-duty welded steel frame with axle
- Can be carried by one person
- Portable and compact
- Fuel efficient
- The engine is prone to halt but can be easily fixed
- Limitation of use in a confined space as it emits toxic gas
Taking Care of Your Power Washer
All power washers should be well taken care of because they are your buddies when it comes to dealing with stubborn dirt, stains, and messes in and around your home or workplace. Power washers are usually designed to be maintenance-free, but this does not mean that you have to completely neglect them because they will eventually retire earlier than expected if no maintenance checks are done.
To ensure that you make the most out of your power washer and ensure that it goes on to serve you for years; here are some practical steps to take:
Before Using the Pressure Washer
- Check the “o rings” on the ends of your pressure hoses. Damaged o rings can cause serious damages, which include leaking and injuries during use. If an o ring malfunctions, this results in an unstable pressure build-up; causing possible harm or destruction of the unit. Replace the worn out parts immediately. It is also advised to lubricate the o rings with grease every once in a while to maintain their elasticity.
- Check the nozzles for signs of clogs or debris and are secured in place. Clogs in the nozzles cause the unexpected build-up of pressure inside. If clogs are present, you should rinse them with water and remove the debris present. Also, make sure that the nozzles are open and ready for use.
- Make sure that you have an adequate water source present which is free from blockages. Running the power washer with an inadequate amount of water can cause the pump to be damaged.
- If you are using a gasoline powered power washer, make sure that you are using fresh gasoline and check the oil levels. Use a stabilizer if you are using old gasoline to make sure that there are no clumps, but do not forget to add new gasoline. For the engine to keep running properly, the indicated amount of oil should be followed, add oil if necessary.
Wait! Buying the best one is not the end!
- When using gasoline-powered pressure washers, make sure that all spark plugs are working properly. You can ensure that your spark plugs are corrosion-free by accessing each one and slowly scraping fine grit sandpaper on it to remove possible rust. Replace corroded spark plugs immediately because they can cause problems to your engine.
- Make sure that all filters are free from clogs. Run clean water to ensure that they are free from any possible debris or residues that may have been caused by the use of detergents during cleaning.
- Inspect the hoses and couplings. Check the high-pressure hoses for leaks, abrasions or bulging; and replace if problems are cited. Also, examine your detergent tanks and clean with clear water.
- For electrically powered pressure hoses, you must check your power cords and adapters for signs of damage. You would not want to be shocked once you start the machine.
During Use of the Power Washer
- Make sure that wherever you go, your power source, as well as your water supply hose, remains untangled on the various obstacles and structures you pass. If you happen to get tangled somewhere, do not forcefully pull on the cord or the machine, as this might cause the delicate hoses to break. It is advised that you temporarily switch off the machine and head towards the problematic area to properly address the issue.
- Whenever you encounter an unexpected problem or noise, make sure to switch off the power washer so as to properly address the issue. Clogs and other problems can occur while using the machine and it is helpful if you know the troubleshooting techniques.
- Use the right pressure nozzle for the job.
- Zero degrees – this is the most powerful nozzle setting that produces a pencil-point spray with no fan. You should use this nozzle to blast mud and dirt from surfaces or to remove weeds from cracks in concrete
- 15 degrees – this nozzle is used to remove peeling paint or other coatings. To be most effective, it should be used on a 45-degree angle
- 25 degrees – this nozzle has a wide fan pattern and is best used to rid surfaces of dirt and grime. Best applications are when you need to brush or broom a surface to make it free of dirt.
- 40 degrees – this nozzle is mainly used to wash delicate surfaces, like glass and vehicle exteriors
After Power Washer Use
- First and foremost, you should switch off the power washer
- If using an electric power washer, you should unplug the device
- Switch off the water source to ensure zero trapped water inside the device
- Locate your soap tanks or chemical storage tanks or intakes, and thoroughly spray with clean water to ensure that no residue is left behind
- Drain excess water before storing
- Relieve the pressure in the system, which can be done by pressing the trigger and allowing all excess water to drain out of the machine. Also detach all hoses, wands, and nozzles, and thoroughly clean
- Store your power washer in an area away from the elements but it should be well ventilated. Also, make sure to keep away from children because they might injure themselves
If you notice strange noise with your power washer, here are some points you should consider:
- Noise in an electrical or gasoline pressure washer: It may be the tank or screen is clogged and needs cleaning
- In gasoline powered pressure washers. it could mean:
- weird engine noises could mean lack of oil
- chattering noises could mean water supply is too low or is too hot
- vibrating noises could mean that there is a problem with the air system or valves
- Loss of engine power could mean that the air filter is clogged. Don’t wait. Replace it!
To Sum Up
To summarize, the best power washer out there is a mix of affordability, functionality, and durability. A power washer is only good if it has a good mix of all three (3) things that make up a good machine:
You should always get the CU of a power washer. This will help to determine the performance of your power washer. PSI and GPM indicate this measure. I found the Karcher official website very helpful in creating this article.
A power washer is your best cleaning friend. It aids in cleaning various surfaces which, without its presence, render the task time-consuming and difficult. Finally, it is important to identify your needs because various types of power washers are available on the market, each suited to fill certain needs of the users.