Isn’t it a tedious task to find the best product when you have several options to choose from?
Particularly if you see a number of brands are claiming to be a good one then it’s like swimming in the ocean.
I know how confusing it is. You’re in a never-ending battle.
To clear up all the confusions, I’ve come up with this best Sun Joe pressure washer review guide.
Here I am going to review some of their (Sun Joe) highly popular units mentioning both their upsides and downsides.
After that, I will give you a glimpse of information on Sun Joe as a brand.
If you ask me ‘Are Sun Joe pressure washers any good?’
My answer is ‘yes’.
Hang onto your seat and let me show you why.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Sun Joe Pressure Washer Reviews That You Will Love
- 2 1. Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer
- 3 2. Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer
- 4 3. Sun Joe SPX3500 Brushless Induction Electric Pressure Washer
- 5 4. Sun Joe SPX200E Electric Pressure Washer
- 6 5. Sun Joe SPX4001-PRO Electric Pressure Washer
- 7 Brief About Sun Joe
- 8 Final Words
5 Best Sun Joe Pressure Washer Reviews That You Will Love
Here’s a list of machine’s that you will love! I tried my best for putting all details you need to make your selection.
- Quiet and sturdy.
- Dual on-board detergent tanks.
- Comes with 5 nozzles of different angles including soap nozzles.
- Easy to use pressure gun with safety lock switch.
- Total stop system trigger ( More on this later ).
- Long enough hose (20’) and outlet cord (35’). These make the unit easy to use without worrying about moving it now and then.
- Attached garden hose adapter.
- Separate holders for hose and cord. This helps to keep things organized.
- Lightweight and easy to store. So storing this for the winter won’t be an issue at all.
- Reasonably priced.
- Easy to maneuver because of the high-quality wheels.
- Assembling takes longer than expected. The process is not difficult though.
- The wheels could have been a bit bigger to enhance stability.
- Attaching and detaching the hose is a tad hard.
As per my research, this is by far one of the most demanding pressure washers out there.
This unit is offering 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM. So altogether 2030 x 1.76 = 3572.8 Cleaning Unit.
3572.8 CU is quite good for home use with no doubt whatsoever. I found this pressure washer a perfect one for washing my car as well as for patio, lawn equipment, garden furniture, etc.
As I said, this unit comes with 5 nozzles of different angles. You will get 0-degree, 15-degree, 25-degree, 40-degree, and soap nozzle. All of them are color-coded and easy to connect. On top of that, storing the nozzles is as easy as pie as you can keep them on the back of the unit.
The Total Stop System is something that I liked most from this unit. It saves energy by shutting off the pump when the trigger is not engaged.
The length of the hose is quite OK to me. However, if you think you need an extension hose just buy one and install it without any hassle. Disconnect one end of the high-pressure hose and connect it with the extension hose. Done!
Altogether, this Sun Joe SPX3000 backs its demand with its outstanding performance. One of the best units for the money I should say.
Read this article of top pressure washers for car if you want a wider range of products.
- Easy to assemble.
- Doesn’t make too much noise during the operation.
- Lightweight, so you can carry this unit without any trouble.
- Easy to operate pressure gun.
- Large on-board detergent tank.
- Comes with 5 quick connect and color-coded nozzles of different angles including the soap nozzle.
- Attached garden hose adapter.
- Built-in hose reel. This increases the ability to manage the hose more efficiently.
- This model also offers Total Stop System that stops the pump when the trigger is not engaged. This saves energy for sure.
- Reasonably long hose (20’) and power cord (35’).
- Won’t break your bank.
- The wheels are a bit sluggish.
- The quality of the hose reel could have been a bit better.
- Managing the power cord could have been more convenient than it is now.
- Bulky power adapter.
Sun Joe introduces this SPX3001 model in 2016 as the upgraded version of the previous SPX3000 model.
Like the previous model, this particular Sun Joe SPX3001 offers 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM. Meaning same 3572.8 Cleaning unit.
So, undoubtedly this one is also perfect for any residential use or washing your car, boats, trails, garden tools, furniture, etc.
Similar to the previous model, this unit also comes with quick connect 0-degree, 15-degree, 25-degree, 40-degree and a soap nozzle. You can store the nozzles with ease as the unit also offers separate nozzle holders.
Unlike the last model, this one comes with only one detergent tank. However, this tank is quite big (40.6 oz) to serve the purpose well.
Moreover, this unit has got the built-in reel which was absent in case of the last model that I reviewed.
Though the storage is easy, remember this doesn’t offer any fold-down handle or anything like compact storage feature. So perhaps you won’t be able to keep it under low clearance shelving or workbenches.
All in all, you can rely on this unit as far as the performance and budget are concerned.
- This unit is equipped with a brush less induction motor. Any brush less induction motor ensures the longevity and quietness of the unit.
- Large on-board detergent tank.
- A separately adjustable detergent dial. This offers you adjusting the amount of soap as per your need.
- Total Stop System that shuts off the pump when the trigger is not engaged.
- Comes with 5 quick-connect spray nozzles.
- The pressure hose (20’), power cord (35’), and spray wand (34-inches) are substantially long. So, you won’t find it laborious to operate the pressure washer.
- Like the previous two models, you will get an attached garden hose adapter.
- Easy to assemble and operate.
- Bulky power adapter.
- Sometimes you may find it a bit difficult to move the unit due to the placement of hose and cord.
- A tad heavy unit compared to the other two units that I reviewed earlier. So carrying it up and down is a bit difficult. But the wheels are there for the rescue.
This very Sun Joe SPX3500 electric pressure washer is offering 2300 PSI and 1.48 GPM.
So the cleaning unit (CU) = 2300 x 1.48 = 3404 CU
Even though the CU is less than the previous two models, I must say this pressure washer also provides adequate volume and pressure for most of the tasks. Particularly if you want it to use for your home.
This version of the Sun Joe pressure washer also comes with 0-degree, 15-degree, 25-degree,40-degree nozzles and a soap nozzle. I found them easy to connect and store.
The hose is substantially long I believe. However, if you feel for extending the hose, do it with ease.
Well, although this model is offering more PSI than the previous two models, what I count is the cleaning unit. Which is lower than SPX3000 and SPX3001.
Pressure could have been a bit more at this price range.
So, I prefer the previous two models to this one. But it’s totally up to you. As per as the quality is concerned this SPX3500 is something you can rely on.
- Easy to put things together without spending too much of your time.
- Long enough hose (20’) and power cord (35’)
- Attached garden hose adapter.
- Total Stop System that turns off the pump automatically while not in use.
- Ultra-lightweight. So carrying it up and down is a cakewalk.
- Well functioning adjustable spray built-in to the washer gun.
- Super inexpensive.
- Compact and easy to store.
- The quality of the pressure washer gun is not up to the mark. It did the job quite well though.
- A bit louder I should say.
This is one of the budget pressure washers from Sun Joe having 1350 PSI and 1.45 GPM. Meaning a cleaning unit of 1350 x 1.45 = 1957.5 CU
So, as you can see the CU is relatively low compared to the other models. But that is enough for cleaning patio, concrete, brick, furniture, etc. Particularly a perfect option for cleaning your car or motorcycle without hurting the paint.
Additional tip attachment would have been a great plus. Nonetheless, the adjustable spray does its job well.
Initially, I was skeptical like other users because of the tiny size of it. Later, I am truly impressed with the performance.
If you are finding a handy unit for power washing but don’t want to spend too much, go for this wonderful entry-level unit.
- Easy assembling process.
- You will get the liberty to vary the pressure either low (1450 PSI) or high (2030 PSI).
- 5 quick-connect spray nozzles to tackle different types of jobs.
- Easy-glide wheels make the unit super portable.
- Nice and handy on-board hose reel lets you manage the hose properly.
- The large on-board detergent tank allows you to use the soap without any hassle.
- No wonder this model also offers Total Stop System that shuts off the pump when the trigger is not engaged.
- Well functioning pressure gun with safety lock switch.
- Strong base and won’t tip over easily.
- Highly cost-effective.
- I was expecting a better quality hose reel handle.
- Rolling the hose back in is a tad cumbersome process.
Sun Joe SPX4001-PRO is the upgraded version of Sun Joe SPX-4001 and offering you up to 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM.
So, the cleaning unit (CU) = 2030 x 1.76 = 3572.8
Meaning you are getting more than enough cleaning performance from this unit for your residential use or automobile cleaning.
As you have the freedom to switch between low (1450) PSI and high (2030) PSI, I suggest you go for low while cleaning my car body and high while cleaning the rim.
This particular pressure washer comes with 5 nozzles of different degrees like 0-degree,15-degree,25-degree,40-degree and soap nozzle. They are color-coded and placed properly at the back of the unit.
This Pro version comes with a quick-connect turbo head spray nozzle too.
Similar to the other Sun Joe pressure washer that I reviewed here this one also comes with 20’ hose and 35’ power cord. Which I believe is quite substantial.
Prepare to give some extra strength while you roll back the hose which I didn’t like.
Overall, this unit is quite capable of cleaning your car, motorcycle, patio, furniture, concrete, brick wall or whatever you want to pressure wash at your home.
Brief About Sun Joe
Here is the interesting part. Whenever you want to refer this brand you should refer as Snow Joe + Sun Joe.
Sun Joe as a brand started their journey in 2009 producing summer outdoor tools. On the other hand, their other brand Snow Joe started their business in 2004 manufacturing winter outdoor tools.
They recently introduced another brand ‘Aqua Joe’ aiming to offer irrigation products.
Where are Sun Joe products made?
Snow Joe and Sun Joe design all their products in the USA. But they manufacture different items in different parts of the world including USA, Canada, Japan, China, Taiwan.
As per the quality of the products is concerned they excel in quality I must say. Moreover, they know how to satisfy the customers providing after-sales service.
When it comes to buying a pressure washer, you can rely on their products undoubtedly.
Beside pressure washers, Sun Joe offers so many other tools like air compressors, lawnmower, chainsaw, gardening tools, leaf blower, string trimmers, lawn edgers, etc.
Don’t you just hate wasting your money?
I bet you do.
So stop investing your money on inefficient pressure washers from any non-reputed brands.
In this best Sun Joe pressure washer reviews article, I reviewed 5 pressure washers from a well-known company, Sun Joe.
Despite having a few hiccups, each of them will satisfy you with their performance but none of the pressure washers will break your bank.
By now you should be able to decide the best bet for you.
Let me know your thoughts. Share the love. Comment below if you have any questions to ask.