Quick – how often do you remove scratches on your car? The answer for most car owners with black colored cars is annoyingly high, I’m afraid.
Car ownership in the USA is high, with 93% of households having access to at least one vehicle. And nobody owns a car just to park it at home. All vehicles run on the road and are vulnerable to dents and scratches.
But if you own a black car, these scratches can be infuriatingly ugly. Scratches and blemishes are more clearly visible in contrast with black paint.
But don’t worry, my friend! We are not here to scare you but help you from day to day hassle of cleaning a black car without scratching it. So what are we waiting for? Let’s go!
Table of Contents
- 1 What Can Cause Scratches on Your Black Cars?
- 2 Tips to Avoid Scratches from Black Car While Washing
- 3 Using Right Products for Cleaning Your Car
- 4 Best Products For Removing Scratches From Black Cars
- 5 Carfidant Black Car Scratch Remover
- 6 Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit
- 7 How to Choose the Best Product for Car Washing?
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
What Can Cause Scratches on Your Black Cars?
Before we go any further, let’s first take a moment to understand where those damn scratches come from. We know that washing the car leaves scratches sometimes, but why does it happen?
Using The Wrong Products
Are you using soaps and shampoos that are not meant for car cleaning? I know they all look alike, but they are not. A laundry detergent or a hair shampoo can cause damage to your car. These detergents can strip the protective paint sealant. They will harm the surface of your vehicle and can damage its paint.
Certain soaps are not pH balanced or neutral. Acidic soaps and shampoos can be extremely harmful to your car’s paint.
A wrong pressure washer can also cause damage to your car’s paint. So you should take extra care while choosing products for car cleaning. Lastly, using dry clothes for wiping the car can also cause friction damage.
Incorrectly washing your car can also cause several damages to it. A car’s paint is delicate and can get scratched very quickly.
Drying your car in the wrong way can also cause scratches. The brushes used to rinse your vehicle can accumulate dirt over time.
They can create scratches and swirl marks all over your car. Even a high-pressure stream of water can cause scratches on the surface.
Paint Scratch vs. Coat Scratch
The owners of the black car should be extra careful while washing it. Coat layer scratches are easy to remove. However, when there is a scratch on the paint, it is difficult to remove.
If a car scratch cuts through the coating layer, it can damage your car’s surface. It will also ruin the body paint of your vehicle.
So you should take preventive measures while washing your cars.
Tips to Avoid Scratches from Black Car While Washing
Scratches and swirls in black paint are the results of careless or wrong car washing techniques.
Modern cars have clear-coat paint that sits underneath the preventive coating. It is visible in almost all vehicles. But if you own a black car, it is even easier to see it.
Therefore if you have a black car, you have to follow specific methods to avoid damaging the paint:
- If there is dirt on your vehicle, don’t scrub the paint. It is an important thing to consider as every scratch will show on a black car.
- Before scrubbing, spray it with a garden hose or high-pressure car wash hose.
- A good rinsing can easily remove mud or dirt.
- You must separate dirty rinse water with clean soapy water in two buckets. This separation helps in easy cleaning of your car. When dirt goes back to the car, it enhances the chances of scratches and swirls over time.
- You must avoid washing your car with a regular shampoo or a dishwasher detergent. Dish soap can strip wax and can cause damage to the exterior of your car.
- A car-wash solution helps to minimize the friction and the potential of scratching.
Using Right Products for Cleaning Your Car
Avoid using those products that are harsh for your car. You must know that even the lightest scratch appears on a black exterior.
Choosing the right cleaning products for your black car is extremely important. For your black cars, you need to use soft and car-friendly products. You must choose those products that are of high-quality and gentle to your car’s paint.
Improperly drying a black car can also cause harm to its surface. There are several car washing products available in the market. You can use them for the cleaning of your car.
Even after taking all the precautionary measures, if still, your car sustains some scratches, you can select any of the below-mentioned products.
Best Products For Removing Scratches From Black Cars
Carfidant Black Car Scratch Remover
This product saves your car from minor scratches, swirls, and other marks. You can apply it by hand or an orbital. It is specially formulated to use on black and dark color paints. It is safe on all paint finishes. It does not contain any unnecessary dyes or scents. This remover kit is an affordable alternative when it comes to painting repair.
Features and Benefits
- Premium Chemicals: The formulate in all Carfidant products uses professional-grade chemicals. Carfidant ensures that their product does not contain any unnecessary colors and scents. You will get a specifically formulated best cutting polishing compound with a kit. It is easy enough to use by anyone.
- Swirl Remover: This kit is perfect for light scratches and other marks. Besides, it also includes a buffer pad. With this specially formulated compound, you can easily remove any wear and tear from your car’s paints. It removes light oxidation and improves the overall appearance of your vehicle.
- Ultimate Paint Restorer: Using this kit, you can restore the color’s lost shine and gloss. It will bring the car to its original brilliance. It offers a special rubbing compound to remove other contaminants from the paint. You can easily do it with your hand or using the buffer pads.
Why should you buy it?
This product provides dual benefits. It helps to remove the scratches from the surface of the car. It also provides shine and glossy finish to the paint surface. It includes a buffer pad, which makes the process very easy. It will completely erase the swirl marks. You don’t need to be an expert to use this product.
- BLACK AND DARK COLOR PAINT SCRATCH REPAIR - Our Ultimate Black Edition Car Paint Scratch Repair Kit is specifically formulated to be used on black and dark color paint. You can safely use it on any clearcoat, single stage, or multi stage paint!
- EASY SCRATCH & SWIRL REPAIR - If your car has light scratches, swirls, or other marks - you can easily fix that with our Scratch & Swirl Remover Kit! Using the included buffer pad, our specially formulated compound will allow you to easily remove and "erase" years of wear and tear from your vehicles paint and overall appearance! (Please note if you have very deep scratches that can be easily felt with the tip of your fingernail the product may not help as much.)
- ULTIMATE PAINT RESTORER - Not only will this remove swirls and scratches, it will restore the gloss and shine of your paint and bring it back to its original brilliance! The special rubbing compound will remove water spots, oxidation and other contaminants from your paint! Easily buff it all out by hand with our included buffer pad!
- PREMIUM CHEMICALS - We formulate all our products to ensure they are the best! Professional grade, but easy enough for anyone to use! We use only the absolute best chemicals and ensure there are no unnecessary color dyes or scents! You get the best cutting polishing compound in a specifically formulated formula with a kit that lets you go right to work!
- MADE IN USA - CARFIDANT 100% SATISFACTION - Don't take our word that this is the best in car detailing products and car cleaning supplies, if you are not 100% satisfied we will refund you in full! We are professionals! We are enthusiasts! We spent years developing our professional automotive detailing products and believe in them 100%! We use them. Our friends use them. If you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products, we will give you a full refund! Send us a message!
Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit
The Black Box finish kit is a collection of high-performing products. This kit revitalizes, brightens, and deepens the faded black paint of your car.
It replenishes lost color and shine, bringing the car back to new-like conditions. This kit includes four products. They are simple to use and provide desirable results.
Features and Benefits
- Perfect Cleaning: The Black Box Kit includes a Pre-Wax Cleaner and Conditioner. They efficiently remove swirl marks, scratches, and other surface dirt that may damage your car’s paint. They make your car ready for the thorough waxing and restoration of original shine and condition. The Pre-wax comes with Turtle Wax’s signature black-tinted technology. It provides the deep black gloss even with this initial step alone.
- Glossy Finish: The system includes a carnauba-based deep black wax. This wax has one of the world’s best materials for bringing the showroom shine in your car. It gives your car that impeccable, mirror-like finish. It also provides powerful UV protection from harmful rays of the sun.
- Black Spray Detailer: The third component of the kit is the Black Spray Detailer. The same black tint technology in the Pre-Wax Cleaner and Conditioner is also included in the Spray Detailer. It effectively brightens and revitalizes faded black painted surfaces. It hides every surface blemish and imperfections. It’s easy to use as it comes in a neat spray bottle.
- Premium Applicator pads: The Black Box Kit includes two applicator pads. You do not need to purchase separate applicators. You can use this system either by hand or by a polisher buffer. These applicator pads provide the scratchless touch and even spread of solution on the surface.
Why should you buy it?
Turtle Wax Black Box Kit is an excellent system for those who own black vehicles. Pre cleaner and conditioner removes surface contaminants from vehicles without any damage. The wax in this kit brings out the true black in your vehicle’s finish. They make applicator pads of soft fabrics. It takes just four simple steps to get stunning results.
- Black tinted pre-cleaner and conditioner removes scratches, swirl marks and surface contaminants
- Carnauba based black infused wax brings out the true black in the vehicles finish
- Hand or machine application
- Kit Includes: 1ea Pre Wax Cleaner and Conditioner (12 oz), 1ea Deep Black Carnauba Wax (12 oz), 2ea Black Spray Detailers (12 oz) and 2ea Applicator Pads
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
How to Choose the Best Product for Car Washing?
Washing your car is not as simple as it looks. A wrong product can cause severe damage to your car. So it is important to choose the right kind of products for your car washing.
However, owning a black car demands more responsibility as marks and scratches are more visible on a black car. So when you are buying a cleaning product for a black car. There are several factors you need to consider.
Tiny dirt particles can leave scratches on your black car. When buying a car cleaning shampoo or soap, consider buying the shampoos that form a thick foam and prevent scratches.
You must choose shampoos or waxes that do not leave dirt. Moreover, they should be free from chemicals to retain paint’s shine.
The pH level determines if your shampoo is alkaline or acidic. An acidic formula can cause corrosion and can damage your car’s paint. An alkaline shampoo can, on the other hand, lift the dirt and grime particles with ease. So you must choose shampoos or soaps with an ideal pH level.
You must ensure that your cleaning product can give protection from dirt. Spots and scratches appear more on black paint.
So you must choose those shampoos or soaps that form a thin barrier. Moreover, you can easily wipe it away with a wet cloth.
You must not use your product in excess quantity. If you frequently wash your cars with these shampoos, it may harm their surface. Moreover, pressure washers can also cause scratches on your vehicle.
You must choose the pressure washer with the setting of 1200-1900 pounds per square inch. It would be a safe choice for your cars. It further helps to protect the surface of your vehicle while washing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can cause scratches and marks on your car?
- Water Pressure: the high pressure of water can damage your car’s paint. If your vehicle already has a chip in the paint, the pressure can spread it more.
- Chemicals: some car washing soaps contain acids that can harm a car’s surface. Acid can damage the paint or metal or harm the exterior of your vehicle.
- Water Spots: water spots can occur when you don’t dry your car efficiently. These spots may damage the interior and exterior of your car and can cause scratches.
Why do black cars scratch easily?
Black paint shows more visibility of spots and scratches than any other color. It shows more because of the clear coat that can arise because of careless washing.
The black color makes the smallest of scratches visible. So you must wash your car with care and the right products.
How often should you wash a black car?
If you drive your car every day, then you can wash it every two weeks. You should avoid cleaning it too frequently. Daily washing of your vehicle can cause harm to its paint. So you must clean it every two weeks.